RF Application Engineer Needed by e2v
to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF Application Engineer Position
November 23, 2015
e2v is looking for an RF Applications Engineer that will support high performance RF
IC products and Broad Band Data Converters.
This position will provide application support for RF switches, mixers, PLLs, DSA, and prescalers in challenging environments for defense and
space systems. High speed data converters with industry leading performance will also be a key focus. The position will also require the candidate
to take the lead role in assessing and understanding Aerospace and Defense Electronics customers' system requirements and provide guidance to
the R&D teams to develop successful semiconductor products. This position provides a unique opportunity to support current and new cutting
edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense programs. This role combines analog data converter applications support
with customer facing business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide detailed technical support for e2v RF IC and data converter products, work closely with Account Managers and Product Marketing Engineers
(PMEs) to secure design wins.
- Provide product training and technical support to the field, both internal (account managers) and external (customers, distributors’ FAE
and account managers, reps)
- Work directly with customers and becoming the interface for internal factory resources
- Interface with customers, representing e2v with experience, knowledge and authority in end customer system needs and requirements for new
- Listen, fully understand the needs of our current and prospective customers
- Taking new product ideas from concept to written definition (Datasheets and/or design specifications)
- Assessing and negotiating IC development tradeoffs with designers and customers
- Developing and executing system level verification plans
- Resolving problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzing technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for
new and existing products.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Develop system demonstration boards which will require detailed understanding of end system operation
- Author white papers highlighting the key differentiators and USPs (Unique Selling Points) for the RF and BDC products and system application
notes to guide customers in utilizing e2v products in Aerospace and Defense systems. Actively contribute to e2v’s thought leadership by publishing
these white papers into specialized magazines, and present them at selected world-class conferences.
- Master's degree (MSEE.) or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant industry experience with a strong background in analog/mixed signal product
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge with IC development (have worked with a semiconductor supplier to define a new product and take it to system level production)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad number of topics with expertise in data converters (ADCs, DACs), but also ability to support analog signal
conditioning, digital signal chain building blocks such as FPGA / DSP programming, power management and PCB layout / schematics
- Defense systems, applications and standards (US and worldwide)
- Familiarity with Military/DoD programs, systems and processes
- Direct work experience in the US defense industry and familiarity with those environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both
DOD civilian and contractor personnel
Specific Skills and Competencies
- RF and data converter application experience
- Ability to sense/capture customer requirements (active listening)
- Leadership, ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent verbal and technical writing communication skill
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Good planning, organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Results orientation (accountability, planning for results)
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present data and facts in a synthetic manner
- US citizenship and fluency in English
- A valid US passport
- Frequent travel to customer sites within the US and internationally (30% of the time)
- An active or re-activatible DoD security clearance, or no known barriers to obtaining a first time security clearance
Our innovations lead developments in communications, automation, discovery, healthcare and the environment.
We offer: RF Power solutions for: defense electronic countermeasures, Radar systems, Stellar satellite communications amplifiers, and missile
control safety & arming devices Imaging solutions, including CCD & CMOS sensors and cameras, for space and earth observation imaging,
and machine imaging. Semiconductor solutions for aerospace & defense, space and industrial markets requiring: lifecycle management,
hi-rel microprocessors, high-speed data converters, high-reliability ICs with lifetime continuity of supply, manufacturing, assembly and test
We employ approximately 1,650 people across 10 countries in Europe, America and Asia, have annual sales of £220m, and are listed on the London
Sr. HR Business Partner
765 Sycamore Drive
Milpitas, California 95035
Office: +1 408
Mobile: +1 408 234 8893
Posted November 23, 2015