San Diego, California
position is responsible for designing and developing production and characterization
ATE solutions for integrated circuits. Acts as the technical lead for projects and has a solid understanding of
RF principles, software development and IC test development practices. This position works closely with Management,
Engineers, Program Management, and Manufacturing to ensure that the team is delivering the highest quality level
of tested products. The position will also be required to plan, prioritize, technically support and manage the implementation
and release of production test solutions for high volume manufacturing of radio frequency integrated circuits. Individual
is expected to develop test procedure, participate in planning meetings and provide estimates of development and
test time requirements for new products.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Contributor to platform selection for each product assigned.
- Electrical design, simulation, layout of the test solution hardware.
- Implementation of the test solution software.
- Evaluation (bench correlation, GR&R, yield assessment) and release of test solution.
- Leads the design and documenting of test solutions - fixtures, probe cards, load boards.
- Coordinates the purchase of required test hardware.
- Manages the bench-to-ATE correlation, measuring repeatability, and calculating limits.
- Ensures effective and timely release of test solutions to production.
- Leads efforts for continued improvements in test solutions, including recommendations for DFT back to design
- Supports new and derivative product introductions through detailed Test Strategies.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to perform the job successfully,
an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Solid understanding of software engineering.
- Demonstrated statistical and analytical skills/background.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical Skills: In-depth knowledge of IC test and wafer sort practices. Maintains current understanding
of state of the art test processes and development activities.
- Collaboration: Works jointly with other departments on intellectual projects.
- Project Management: Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners
accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Leadership: Provides strong leadership, sets a good example, skilled decision maker, motivator, encourager.
The following traits are highly valued:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Effective Leadership of Virtual Teams.
- In-depth knowledge of IC test and wafer sort practices RF design and test principles.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across an organization without the benefit of direct reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated record of releasing high volume RF products into production environment.
- Test automation using rack and stack ATE.
- Experience releasing test solutions to multiple test locations, including off-shore facilities.
- High volume DC and RF wafer probe experience.
- 3D Design and Simulation of high frequency load boards.
- Experience with National Instruments CVI, C++, C# and/or LabView.
- RF simulation using CAD tools such as ADS.
Education and Experience:
- BS desired, MS preferred in Electrical Engineering. Minimum of 7 years RF and RFIC experience. Must have high
volume production test development experience.
- Proficient in management of Software Engineering projects.
About Peregrine Semiconductor
Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company, is the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and is
a leading fabless provider of high-performance, integrated RF solutions. Since 1988 Peregrine and its founding team
have been perfecting UltraCMOS® technology - a patented, advanced form of SOI - to deliver the performance edge
needed to solve the RF market's biggest challenges, such as linearity. With products that deliver best-in-class
performance and monolithic integration, Peregrine is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband,
industrial, Internet of Things, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and
wireless infrastructure. Peregrine holds more than 180 filed and pending
patents and has shipped over 2 billion UltraCMOS units. For more information, visit http://www.psemi.com
The Company’s unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity
for innovative and goal-oriented individuals. Peregrine Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer supporting
a diverse workforce.
to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Posted July 7, 2015