Peregrine Semiconductor Has Opening for a Staff Engineer,
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Ensure success of Peregrine's Global 1 platform in the cellular market. Specify, design, analyze, and debug analog/mixed-signal
circuits to support programmable precision performance of RF PAs. Simulate circuits to support the design process.
Perform and direct layout of circuits. Measure circuits on lab bench to prove performance. Debug failures at all
levels (simulation through bench measurement). The candidate will support products during the entire product life
cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. This role is within the Global 1 design team
in Peregrine's Arlington Heights, Illinois Office; Global 1 is a CMOS power amplifier platform that rivals GaAs
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Product design and evaluation: schematic capture, simulation, IC layout, post-layout parasitic extraction,
pre-silicon verification, and design validation; some modeling to predict performance.
- Synthesize circuit solutions for new product concepts with analysis of performance, cost, and power.
- Automated regression tests, automated simulation development.
- Directing layout of analog circuits for matching, manufacturability, and future modification.
- Lab measurement, including ability to measure and validate measurement systems, to validate design against
- Debug imperfections and model them in simulation to root-cause deficiencies.
- Document all relevant product and design information to explain the design and implementation Work with characterization
engineers to define measurement plan and analyze data.
- Work with test engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions; root-cause failures
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to perform the job successfully,
an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Strong understanding of CMOS design principles and of CMOS circuit manufacturability.
- Proven first-pass tape-out success involving analog circuit design and layout techniques.
- Strong understanding of simulation engines and analysis methods.
- Strong understanding of RF communication systems and architectures.
- Highly Proficient in analog/mixed-signal schematic design, simulation, and layout using CAD tools.
- Good scripting skills for automated simulation, measurement, and data analysis.
- Good understanding of RF design principles, including RF amplifier design and impedance-matching.
- Scientific method to accurately gauge performance, debug designs, and drive to solution.
- Job Competencies include Ethics, Highly Technical, Initiative, Interpersonal Skills, and Project Management.
The following traits are highly valued:
- Familiarity with SOI process, RF module packaging, mixed-signal design flow.
- Inquisitive and creative solutions-oriented problem-solver.
- Team player with a sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule.
- Strength in daily communication, documentation clarity and completeness.
- Proven track record of initiative, ownership, ability and willingness to mentor others.
- Fluency in Japanese.
Education and Experience:
- Position requires a BSEE degree with 7+ years experience, MSEE with 5+ years experience, or equivalent.
About Peregrine Semiconductor
Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company, is the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and is
a leading fabless provider of high-performance, integrated RF solutions. Since 1988 Peregrine and its founding team
have been perfecting UltraCMOS® technology - a patented, advanced form of SOI - to deliver the performance edge
needed to solve the RF market's biggest challenges, such as linearity. With products that deliver best-in-class
performance and monolithic integration, Peregrine is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband,
industrial, Internet of Things, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and
wireless infrastructure. Peregrine holds more than 180 filed and pending
patents and has shipped over 2 billion
UltraCMOS units. For more information, visit http://www.psemi.com
The Company’s unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity
for innovative and goal-oriented individuals. Peregrine Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer supporting
a diverse workforce.
to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Posted July 11, 2015/p>