San Diego, California
Responsible for the characterization & product development of RF ICs in Peregrine's UltraCMOS technology
for space and military as well as commercial/industrial applications. A successful candidate will enjoy being part
of the product development team, taking industry leading product designs and readying them for mass production.
The job will require expertise in RF and analog measurements combined with disciplined project planning to ensure
only the highest quality products are released. As part of a cross-functional product development team, the candidate
will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, design, production
and test engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Product Characterization: Perform product characterization over a superset of conditions specified in the
datasheet. Drive the development of necessary benches to evaluate all relevant performance requirement.
- Product Reliability: Perform ESD testing.
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product information specific to the performance and limitations
of the device as future reference for application and customer support.
- Provide data sheet performance limits based on design verification and characterization data.
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to create a correlation between bench measurements ATE
- Product Evaluation: Support product design verification.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
- Highly Technical: Strong understanding of RF measurement fundamentals, i.e. s-parameters, linearity (P1dB,
IIP3 & IIP2), DC characteristics, and microwave circuit theory.
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques (Gauge R&R, CPK, ANOVA).
- Proven strength in documentation clarity and completeness.
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to plan activities and meet NPI requirements on schedule.
- Experience with several of the following software tools: MatLab, JMP, DataPower, Agilent ADS, National Instruments
- Problem Solving: Strives to understand contributing factors, works to resolve complex situations.
- Innovation: Creative, offers new ideas, risk taker, amenable to change Productivity: Manages workload,
works efficiently, meets goals and objectives.
The following traits are highly valued:
- Knowledge of Analog IC circuits - bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational
- Understanding of CMOS IC design for commercial applications.
- Knowledge of bulk and/or SOI processes a plus.
- Experience with RFIC products - RF switches, amplifiers, mixers, PLLs, etc.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and impact on circuit performance.
- Programming theory and/or knowledge of a programming language.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or equivalent (minimum).
- 3+ years of experience in Product Engineering, Characterization or Design.
- Engineering Emphasis on RF circuit and/or microwave theory.
About Peregrine Semiconductor
Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company, is the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and is
a leading fabless provider of high-performance, integrated RF solutions. Since 1988 Peregrine and its founding team
have been perfecting UltraCMOS® technology - a patented, advanced form of SOI - to deliver the performance edge
needed to solve the RF market's biggest challenges, such as linearity. With products that deliver best-in-class
performance and monolithic integration, Peregrine is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband,
industrial, Internet of Things, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and
wireless infrastructure. Peregrine holds more than 180 filed and pending
patents and has shipped over 2 billion
UltraCMOS units. For more information, visit http://www.psemi.com
The Company’s unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity
for innovative and goal-oriented individuals. Peregrine Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer supporting
a diverse workforce.
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Posted July 8, 2015