August 3, 2015
This Position Has Been Filled
Reports To: Leader of the Engineering Domain (Deputy Director, Director or VP of Engineering)
Status: Full-time / Exempt (Salary)
Date: August 2015
The Software Developer reports directly to the VP of Engineering,
Director of Engineering, or Deputy Director of Engineering. The Software Developer works closely with the Engineering
technical teams and with Program Management to design, develop, and support software solutions. The Software Developer
applies sound engineering principles to the design, development, and documentation of systems, software and products.
The Software Developer ensures all work carried out is in compliance with company design, quality, and process standards.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data
usage and work processes.
- Reviewing and analyzing current systems, and presenting ideas for system improvements and analysis.
- Modifying and integrating systems while using detailed customer and user specifications.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development
and proposed solutions.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing, to Program Managers and to the Engineering Technical
- Preparation of manuals and training documents for software users.
- Be accountable to Program Managers in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Development of data products consisting of multiple live data streams.
- Development of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI).
- Experience in database manipulation and report generation.
- Write test plans, reports, and system requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of programming languages: C++ or C#.
- Progress operational efficiency by recommending changes in policies and procedures as a result of conducting
- Assist with the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process by providing engineering cost estimates, technical writing,
technical evaluation, engineering approaches, and detailed solutions.
- Interact with potential new business clients to conduct project feasibility, to determine their engineering
needs, and to convey technical and software competency.
- Develop customer relationships in pursuit of high-value engineering development projects.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Software developing and programming.
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Software Development fundamentals, software documentation, testing and requirements.
- Performance Management.
- Ability to analyze information and problem solve.
- Communication Proficiency.
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, +5 years of experience. This position requires 50% travel.
This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 10 lbs., and frequent sitting
The position requires a Secret Security clearance to be obtained.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject
to change at the discretion of the employer.
About NuWaves Engineering
NuWaves Engineering is a premier supplier of Radio Frequency
(RF) and embedded systems products and solutions for DoD, non-DoD government, and industrial customers. An RF engineering
powerhouse, NuWaves offers a wide range of engineering design services focused on wireless communications, as well
as a complete line of commercially available module-level products, such as wideband RF upconverters and downconverters,
high-efficiency miniature solid state power amplifiers, high intercept low noise amplifiers, miniature RF filters,
and fiber optic RF distribution modules.
Amanda Y. Stephany
SPHR Human Resources Administrator
122 Edison Drive
Phone: (513) 360-0800 x323
Fax: (513) 360-0888
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Posted August 4, 2015