to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Radio Frequency Engineer ***Immediate Opportunity***
Job Title: Radio Frequency Engineer
Job ID: 21117 (type this number into the Search box)
Location: FL - Panama City Beach
Leads projects and provides technical direction to and coordinates the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance
of assigned projects. Develops and applies advanced Radio Frequency engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the investigation
and solution of complex technical problems and projects.
Supports senior technical level personnel and program managers in the planning, oversight, and execution of complex and advanced projects
related to system and technical product development. Typically supports multiple project activities and may support multiple programs within
the organization. Provides technical guidance and mentoring to lower level technical staff.
Recognized within Alion as a senior level contributor in the field, and may have begun to acquire a similar reputation in the external scientific
and client communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Applies advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to support multiple project teams in the development of technical products.
Performs complex engineering work in design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of program level system development, engineering
analysis and research. Carries out complex assignments requiring the development of new research concepts or improvement of current techniques
and procedures. Displays an advanced understanding and innovative use of concepts and principles in performing assignments.
Supervises and reviews activities of staff, scheduling and assigning work to meet program/project completion dates. Works closely with
senior customer personnel in providing solutions to complex problems and advice on technical issues.
Exercises independent judgment in conducting complex analyses and development efforts, and provides technical direction to other staff. Educates
and advises more junior technical staff members in the technical aspects of their efforts.
Prepares and reviews input to major technical reports, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contract reports and formal briefings.
Based upon own ideas, prepares unsolicited proposals to secure new projects or the expansion of ongoing project activities that involve support
of other staff members. Prepares or coordinates the preparation of complex proposals with contributions from several activities.
Identifies opportunities for new program initiatives. Develops relevant briefings and specific project proposals, and works through appropriate
channels to schedule presentation of these briefings and proposals to prospective customers.
Is recognized within the organization in more than one area of technical expertise. Participates in the activities of professional societies.
Authors/co-authors technical and scientific articles for publication.
Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Establishes and monitors standards for internal quality
programs. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems or applicable company procedures and guidelines.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Candidate must poses a bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related scientific discipline plus 8 to 10 years
relevant work experience, with at least two years work experience in an RF-related specialty. Strong preference will be given to applicants
with a BSEE.
Candidate must have knowledge and verified experience regarding applications of:
- Signal generators and spectrum analyzers
- Vector network analyzers
- S-parameters, one and two port measurements
- Antenna theory (linear, circular, loop, microstrip patch, helix, discone, collinear, conformal, arrays)
- RF modeling (antennas, circuits and propagation)
Candidate must have a current Top Secret security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrate command of engineering principles, methods, and techniques in area of expertise.
- Possess advanced knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
- Possess effective customer and organizational level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preference will be given to candidates that meet the above criteria and also have experience with:
- Receiver systems design, low noise amplifiers and noise figure and measurement
- RF Attenuators and adapters ¿ RF Circulators/isolators and duplexers/diplexers
- Transmission lines, coax and connectors
- Smith charts
- Quadrature hybrids
- Basic RF modulations (AM, FM, etc.)
- RLC component measurements
- Time & Frequency-domain measurements
- Antenna design, prototyping and measurements
- RF propagation (LOS and SATCOM)
- Small aperture satellite systems
- RF Anechoic & Semi-anechoic chambers
- EMI/EMC theory
- MIL-STD-461F measurements
- Filter design & matching networks
- Microstrip transmission line theory and printed circuit board manufacturing
- Radome theory especially applied to marine applications
- Waterproof/pressure-proof cables and connectors
- Power measurements
- Conducting bench top and (portable) field measurements
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals
with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
Alion Science and Technology delivers advanced engineering, IT and operational solutions to strengthen national security and drive business
results. For customers in defense, civilian government and commercial industries, Alion's engineered solutions support smarter decision-making
and enhanced readiness in rapidly-changing environments.
Building on over 75 years of innovation, Alion turns obstacles into opportunities to help customers achieve their missions. Alion employees
are located at offices, customer sites and laboratories worldwide.
Olive "Katt" Silver
Alion Science & Technology
5365 Robin Hood Rd., Ste 500
tel: 757-793-4442 (Norfolk, VA)
tel: 757-393-5672 (Portsmouth, VA)
Posted November 2, 2015