Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Technical Support Representative
January 3, 2019
Infinite Electronics, Inc., a global supplier of RF and Microwave components and assemblies, is looking for a Technical Support Representative. We have an exciting opportunity for a technically savvy individual with proven customer facing and team skills to round out our Sales and Tech Support team.
The Technical Support Representative's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- (80%) Resolving customer technical questions directly through telephone, email, chat or other methods of communication, or via the Sales and Service Representative. The TSR will identify customer needs and resolve routine customer technical questions by identifying the appropriate RF/Microwave part, recommending additional or alternative parts, providing available specifications, and/or escalating as necessary to achieve optimal resolution.
- (20%) Provide technical training, technical sales tools, and ad hoc support to Sales and Service Representatives and production employees as required
The TSR will work as an active member of the Sales and Service team with other TSRs and Sales Representatives and in conjunction with Product Managers, Marketing, and the Management Team in support of business growth. TSRs are expected to facilitate SSRs in handling customer calls, directly handling technical customer calls with a positive problem-solving attitude, and documenting purpose and resolution where applicable. If first call resolution cannot be met, then an expected completion date shall be provided to the customer on the same day. The TSR is expected to utilize online and in-house or supplier provided resources to resolve customer technical questions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Sales and Service and direct customer calls, emails, and chat in a professional manner to determine the best RF/Microwave product or solution
- Perform effective discovery to uncover potential additional opportunities for sales and support per the Infinite Sales Methodology
- Support other functions within the company in a respectful and professional manner, such as Production, Sales and Service, Marketing, Product Management and Quality with technical information
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- Excellent technical communication skills - able to converse in technical terms with Engineering customers
- Excellent written and spoken English communication and social skills with both internal and external customers
- Ability to research information on the web and through the use of manufacturer catalogs and other technical media
- Excellent general computer skills, and strong ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to read and interpret two-dimensional drawings
- Professional demeanor is required at all times
- Must be able to read, write, analyze, and interpret IE and supplier drawings and specifications, and/or regulations and standards
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent experience is required, BS strongly preferred
- RF experience required
- Two years of experience minimum in a technical support or customer service role is required
- Passing grade in an industry RF certification program as specified by the management team. Certification can be completed during the first 6 months of employment.
Infinite Electronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Infinite Electronics
Infinite Electronics is a leading global supplier of electronic components serving the urgent needs of engineers through a family of highly recognized and trusted brands. Our portfolio brands are specialists within their respective product set, offering broad inventories of engineering-grade product, paired with expert technical support and same day shipping. Over 100,000 customers across a diverse set of markets rely upon Infinite Electronics to stock and reliably ship urgently needed products every day.
Dena Saddler, PHR, SHRM-CP
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
301 Leora Lane
Lewisville, TX 75056 USA
Phone: 469-535-8700 x4111
Posted January 4, 2019