Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Articles: 2014 |
Location: Florida, Stuart, USA
Job Reference: SINA00154
Schedule Type: Full Time
March 21, 2019 - Smiths is always looking for curious minds, and currently is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Job Description - Manufacturing Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and Implements production and assembly methodologies for High Reliability high frequency RF electronics used in commercial and military applications.
- Participates in our NPI (New Product Introduction) process as a liaison between Engineering and Operations.
- Conducts manufacturability and variation analyses to insure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible products.
- Implements Lean principals and technologies.
- Developing, evaluating improving and documenting manufacturing processes.
- Development of assembly fixtures and RF Test fixtures.
- Defining and managing maintenance of production equipment for key processes.
- Root cause analysis.
- Continuous flow.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Materials, Mechanic or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of Experience in Process or Design Engineering
- Superior written and communication Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving Skills.
- Firm understanding of RF component development.
- Must be able to prioritize and support multiple projects.
Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, rail, semiconductor test, wireless telecommunications, and industrial markets.
Smiths Interconnect’s technology brands (EMC, HYPERTAC, IDI, LORCH, MILLITECH, RF LABS, TECOM and TRAK) are synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is required to ensure reliability and safety. Our extensive product portfolio includes high reliability electrical connector and cable assemblies, solutions for antenna systems and a wide range of innovative RF and microwave solutions.
Smiths Interconnect is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 22,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Smiths Talent Acquisition Team
Posted March 21, 2019