Note: As a service to RF Cafe visitors, I will post your company's tech-related job openings at no cost. Only direct hiring companies' jobs are posted for free. If you are responsible for hiring in your company, send me an e-mail with the job listing information and I'll be glad to post it for you. The most recent list of jobs can be seen here. Recruiters may submit jobs for posting at a cost of $100 per job.
Many of the names in the bylines of career advice articles have become familiar; which can be good or bad, depending on the author. A couple I immediately reject because they never offer new insight. New people enter the job search and career enhancement realms all the time so some repetition is needed, but simply rehashing old memes is lame from someone whose job is to provide fresh insight. Nevertheless, I still found some good articles. LinkedIn profile advice is abundant, so I included a couple useful pieces. High-Paying Jobs You Can Get with an Associate Degree, by Jon Simmon, is an example of a unique and useful subject since there are a lot of people who either cannot afford the time and money needed to earn a Bachelors degree, or simply do not want the sort of job where a higher degree is required. For a lot of jobs, being labeled a "professional" is just a way to have yourself exempted from labor laws that guarantee you get paid for overtime. A few example are aerospace engineering and operations technician, air traffic controller, nuclear technician, and telecom technician.
- Ways Your LinkedIn Feed Can Lead to a Job, by Arnie Fertig
- How to Ask for Your Job Back and Get Rehired, by Alison Doyle
- Quit Your Job and Move Abroad: The Cheapest Places to Live in 2018, by Laura Begley Bloom
- The Rules for Job Searching are Different in January, by Vicki Salemi
- Should Employers Make Employees' Salaries Public?, by Nancy Ordman
- Job Ads on Facebook Discriminate Against Older Workers, by Kathy Pretz
- How to Get Ahead in Your Engineering Career, by Jennifer Bosavage
- What to Expect When Transitioning from Engineer to Manager, by Monica Rozenfeld
- High-Paying Jobs You Can Get with an Associate Degree, by Jon Simmon
- New LinkedIn Habit for 2018 That Will Pay Big Dividends, by Wayne Breitbarth
Posted January 8, 2018