Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of
engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. See most recent list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
This list provides a good sampling of what
is available if you are seeking to enhance your career, whether it be via searching
for a new job, improving your status and abilities in your current job, or starting
your own company.
Here is a list of current engineering jobs listed
on RF Cafe.
Job resource lists for 2014 |
2017 | 2018 |
Senior Firmware Design Engineer
December 21, 2017
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Senior RF Engineer position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, simulation, and verification of DC and RF electronic designs to meet the commitments of the Engineering and R&D department.
- Participate in hardware architecture decisions which affect RF architectures including RF amplification and linearization technologies, data interfaces and system peripherals.
- Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture design, schematic creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration, system verification and transitioning projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing department, or product delivery to a customer.
- Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical issues in a cross-functional team environment.
- Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals for submittal to applicable government agencies.
- Mentor other Engineers, Designers and Drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
- Provides information regarding "as built" configuration as required for permanent records including schematics and BOM's.
- Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages with Engineering and R&D management prior to internal management and customer review.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
- Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and other related technical support.
- Provide Engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
- Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the company's engineering capabilities.
- Participate in project technology assessment/feasibility studies.
- Present any known or potential performance non-compliances to Engineering and R&D management immediately.
- Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments; recommend new technologies for insertion into company's technology roadmaps. Attend technical conferences when necessary and as approved by the Senior Director of Design Engineering.
- Write white papers and technical articles to improve the company's technical reputation.
- Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS 9100.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in RF hardware design and a BS degree is required. A MS degree and 10 years experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Candidate should be proficient with circuit simulators such as AWR's Microwave Office and/or Agilent's ADS, and general SPICE simulators. In addition, working knowledge of industry schematic and layout tools such as Mentor Graphics PADS is required.
- Working familiarity with EM simulation tools such as Ansoft's HFSS is a plus.
- Proficiency in math analysis packages such as Matlab and MathCad is advantageous.
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Local candidates only!
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website http://www.aethercomm.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aethercomm designs and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use in radar, electronic warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other system that requires high power in a robust and compact package. Our company is over ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Over the last eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers. Most of our products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs for its eligible employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from an illness or disability and also help you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best fits your individual and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision insurance carriers that use extensive provider networks, so you are sure to have your choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO for your medical, dental and vision plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit from the plan!
|• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans |
• Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
|• Tuition Assistance Programs |
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
3205 Lionshead Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted January 2, 2018