Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of
engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. See most recent list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior Firmware Design Engineer
December 21, 2017
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems
and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of
thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect
and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a
Senior RF Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Design, simulation, and verification of DC and RF electronic designs to meet the
commitments of the Engineering and R&D department.
- Participate in hardware architecture decisions which affect RF architectures including
RF amplification and linearization technologies, data interfaces and system peripherals.
- Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture
design, schematic creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration,
system verification and transitioning projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing
department, or product delivery to a customer.
- Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical
issues in a cross-functional team environment.
- Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals
for submittal to applicable government agencies.
- Mentor other Engineers, Designers and Drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills
required to accomplish work assignments.
- Provides information regarding "as built" configuration as required for permanent
records including schematics and BOM's.
- Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages with Engineering and R&D management
prior to internal management and customer review.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope
of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
- Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation
and other related technical support.
- Provide Engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
- Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the company's engineering
- Participate in project technology assessment/feasibility studies.
- Present any known or potential performance non-compliances to Engineering and R&D
- Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments;
recommend new technologies for insertion into company's technology roadmaps. Attend technical
conferences when necessary and as approved by the Senior Director of Design Engineering.
- Write white papers and technical articles to improve the company's technical reputation.
- Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS 9100.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in RF hardware design and a BS degree is required.
A MS degree and 10 years experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task.
- Candidate should be proficient with circuit simulators such as AWR's Microwave Office
and/or Agilent's ADS, and general SPICE simulators. In addition, working knowledge of
industry schematic and layout tools such as Mentor Graphics PADS is required.
- Working familiarity with EM simulation tools such as Ansoft's HFSS is a plus.
- Proficiency in math analysis packages such as Matlab and MathCad is advantageous.
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Local candidates only!
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status.
designs and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use
in radar, electronic warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other
system that requires high power in a robust and compact package. Our company is over
ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Over the last
eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers. Most of our
products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm
is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs
for its eligible employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed
to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can
result from an illness or disability and also help you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best
fits your individual and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision
insurance carriers that use extensive provider networks, so you are sure to have your
choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO for your medical, dental and vision
plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit from the plan!
|• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Employee and Dependent
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
|• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation,
Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted January 2, 2018