Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF Test Technician, Production Test
December 21, 2017
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a RF Test Technician, Production Test position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A thorough understanding and be able to demonstrate all of the RF and DC testing that is completed in support of production hardware.
- A thorough understanding and be able to demonstrate proper tuning techniques; including tuning with tabs and lumped elements in high power RF amplifiers.
- A thorough understanding and is able to demonstrate efficient and effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Need to have a thorough understanding and be able to demonstrate the use and proper calibration of the test equipment that is used in support of testing high power RF amplifiers, including but not limited to: Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters and Signal Generators.
- Assist in providing guidance and training to other test personnel on an "as required basis."
- Be able to clearly communicate and interact with the Responsible Engineers and the necessary production and manufacturing personnel to resolve production-related issues within the program.
- Understand the program hardware flow (Steps) and role within that flow to better coordinate overall program test effort with the scheduled time allotment.
- Ensure all program documentation and test data records are complete and accurate and provided on a timely basis for review.
- Ensure the test tasks assigned are done in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that the Quality Control functions are properly performed such as ESD precautions, Used-On Log and Equipment Calibration.
- Must be able to read drawings and BOM's and be able to perform basic SMT soldering for repairs.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience or more related experience in RF field.
- A GED or High School diploma. Associate's degree in Electronics and/or technical school preferred.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and test products to the component level.
- Some soldering skills needed.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Labview a plus!
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Local candidates only!
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website http://www.aethercomm.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aethercomm designs and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use in radar, electronic warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other system that requires high power in a robust and compact package. Our company is over ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Over the last eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers. Most of our products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs for its eligible employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from an illness or disability and also help you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best fits your individual and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision insurance carriers that use extensive provider networks, so you are sure to have your choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO for your medical, dental and vision plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit from the plan!
|• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans |
• Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
|• Tuition Assistance Programs |
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
3205 Lionshead Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted January 2, 2018