PATHLOSS 4.0 - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

hossam.algewely
 Post subject: PATHLOSS 4.0
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 am 

Captain

i have downloaded this microwave link planning suite called PATHLOSS 4.0 , but all modules like: defraction module , terrain module ,.... , are dimmed . if any one has information on this tool please help

vimlesh
 Post subject: Re: PATHLOSS 4.0
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 am 

Lieutenant

u dont have full version

u need registration key or dongle to activate those modules.

nubbage
 Post subject: Re: PATHLOSS 4.0
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 am 

General

Looks like you have the demo version. I found it frustrating that I could not print out the path profiles I had created, so I did "print screen", copied the clip-board into a photo editor, reversed the black and white image, and printed it any size I wanted. Hey-presto.

I also figured out the structure of the antenna data files so I could reverse-engineer and pre-save them, then call up those I most frequently used. Although it was skating on the fringes of legality, it made me a great advocate of PL-3 and 4, so I recommended it to whichever company had the enormous funds to buy the full package.

At bottom, life is all about

Sucking in and blowing out.

Posted  11/12/2012