•−•  ••−•    −•−•  •−  ••−•  •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<

Job Board

About RF Cafe™

Sitemap

Amplifier 3-rd order inter-modulation product - RF Cafe Forums

Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.

Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.

Post subject: Amplifier 3-rd order inter-modulation product
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 pm 

Lieutenant

Hello,
I have some problem in prediction of 3-rd order inter-modulation product level :?: . Usually, IMP3 is defined analytically for the case that both tones are of the same level and frequency difference between them is less than 5% of their frequency (in-band conditions).
I have a different case: f1 tone is of 49 dBm at 430 MHz, and f2 tone is of 29 dBm at 549 MHz. So, they have different levels and are spread wide.
I am interested to predict the level of lower IMP3 (2*f1-f2) at 311 MHz.
I am looking for analytical equation and physical/mathematical explanation, which will take in account the wide distance between tones at frequency axes and also their difference in power levels.
Any theoretical explanation and/or links will be appretiated.
I look also for translation between measurement results taken by classical approach and my special case.
For example, I have to understand whether results of classical measurement of OIP3 may be applied somehow to my special case and reliably predict "my" IMP3 at 311 MHz.
Thanks
Pavel

Posted  11/12/2012
Custom Search
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.

Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster

Click here to read about RF CafeKirt Blattenberger... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.

View the YouTube RF Cafe Intro Video Carpe Diem!
(Seize the Day!)

5th MOB: My USAF radar shop

Airplanes and Rockets: My personal hobby website

Equine Kingdom: My daughter Sally's horse riding website