Curious and concerned wrote:
Was it happy?
Yes, I would say it was a very happy year overall.
- We (America) has had no more terrorist attacks on our soil.
- The 1st free election ever has taken place in an Arab nation
- The 2nd is on schedule to occur early next year.
- John Howard was re-elected in Australia
- George Bush was re-elected in the U.S.
- Canada's Liberal party lost its majority
- The U.N. Food-for-Oil scandal was brought into the light of day
- The Summer Olympics went off without a hitch
- China is well on its way to casting out its entrenched communist oligarchy
- Yasser Arafat assumed room temperature
- The American economy is smoking hot
- The dollar's fall against the Euro is making American products affordable and European products expensive to foreign markets.
- Gold is finally assuming a true market value
- A New Media has emerged via the Internet and alternative radio that is throwing the last shovels full of dirt on the coffins of the Old Media
- I'm making more money and my job is more secure than it has been in 4 years
- My family and I are healthy
So, yes, I think it has been a very good year. I hope yours has been, too.
Cheers, and here's to an even better 2005!