Why are some people who need to be fired still around? - RF Cafe Forums
Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: Why are some people who need to be fired still around? Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:56 pm
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:37 am
I found this on a job website and thought it was interesting. Not sure of the source, but it seems reasonable.
Have you ever wondered why some people who need to be fired are still around? Here are the top 10 reasons.
1. The employee has a relationship with someone higher up.
2. The boss relies on the employee.
3. The employee brings more value to the company than he or she costs.
4. The boss thinks it could be worse.
5. The boss is afraid of the employee.
6. The boss feels sorry for the employee.
7. The boss doesn't want to go through the hiring process.
8. The employee knows something.
9. The employee has everybody fooled.
10. He or she is not really a bad employee.
11. ... Got any other reasons to add to the list?
Post subject: Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 am
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:39 pm
12. The employee is the one they regularly get to sign off on things that a knowledgeable, ethical employee won't sign.