RF Micro Devices Job Opening
Sr. Applications Engineer
The candidate selected for this position will perform prototype optical access product evaluation and bench-level troubleshooting against prescribed specifications. This includes evaluation board layout and design using Altium PC-based software, creating and maintaining optical access product data sheets (DS5), creating application notes and operational instructions allowing customers to effectively utilize optical access products, and providing hands-on assistance and end application customer support of RFMD's optical access component, sub-assembly, and module portfolio of products. In addition, the individual selected will be expected to write optical access product training materials and class syllabus and perform customer, RFMD Sales and manufacturer’s representative optical access product training.Required Skills
• Ability to organize and access large data files.
• Able to read and interpret optical access and related product circuit and block diagrams.
• Ability to evaluate competitor data sheets and technical publications and readily recognize end application strengths and weaknesses.
• Expertise necessary to explain highly technical concepts and descriptions in terms customers and sales personnel can easily understand.
• Ability to perform complex optical bench test and measurement, including collecting packet error rate (PER), bit error rate (BER), optical sensitivity, EINC, and eye diagram data collection, as well as troubleshoot optical access transmit and receive circuit performance using eye diagrams and related data at a glance.
• Ability to perform optical access product printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) layout and design using Altium or similar personal computer (PC) based software.
• Must be able to write accurate and concise optical access product data sheets, application notes, white papers, and technical articles. Required Experience
BSEE or BS Device Physics required (MSEE or MS Device Physics preferred) with a minimum of 4 years industry experience. In addition, candidates should have a NASA certified soldering certificate or equivalent. Job Location
Greensboro, NC, US (preferred)
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular
To apply by submitting a resume, please go tohttp://hostedjobs.openhire.com/eposting ... tartflag=1