I'm one of the founders of a new startup, Kumu Networks, which is commercialized some RF technology that was developed at Stanford University. Our research there was concerned with building full-duplex transceivers, operating in the same frequency band at the same time!
We're currently making our first hires, and are looking for senior RF engineers to help us build our first product!
I've pasted the job req below.
Kumu Networks is a venture-backed startup developing next-generation wireless systems based upon patented, award-winning technology originally developed at Stanford University. We are currently making our first hires [YOU!], who will contribute to the core technology and first product to market.
Title: Senior RF Engineer
Responsible for the design of ultra -high performance- 700MHz-20GHz RF systems using a range of components. Responsibilities include designing, testing, and optimizing systems from scratch as well as transitioning systems from prototype to production. Tasks require a strong knowledge of RF circuit internals and fundamentals to use components in nontraditional and innovative ways. Projects must be completed to requirements and on time while remaining compatible with constraints imposed by a larger system. This position is for the senior member of a 4-5 person RF team and greatly values broad experience and wisdom in RF design with a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment. It is one of the earliest hires at a wireless startup that is commercializing research done by the co-founders from Stanford University.
• Define system component and design requirements with a small team
• Design, simulate and lay out RFIC/PCB designs to meet design requirements such as gain, noise figure, 1db compression point, distortion limits, impedance matching and antenna tuning
• Review and critique designs of colleagues
• Design or use off-the-shelf components such as transformers, baluns, couplers, attenuators, phase shifters and delay lines in creative ways to meet specific system requirements
• Release to manufacturing designs for both prototype and production
• Evaluate, test, and improve designs in controlled and uncontrolled settings
• Work with software control team for firmware interfaces and programming
• Meet with customers to develop and specify whole system requirements
Desired skills and experience:
• 10+ years experience in hands-on RF & MMW design from 700MHz to 20GHz
• Experience with microstrip, stripline, and coplanar waveguide PCB design from schematic through fabrication
• Experience in PCB design for directional couplers, coupled line filters, and other printed RF components
• Experience designing passive and active RF filters
• Comfortable with ADS and/or other RF simulation packages
• Comfortable with lab testing using signal generators, analyzers, and VNAs
• Experience and ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to hard RF design problems
• Familiarity with communications protocols & signal processing
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Product validation and reliability testing
• Experience in bringing high volume RF/mmW products from design-to-production
To apply for this position, please email jobs <at> kumunetworks.com