Aethercomm designs and manufactures high power RF and microwave amplifiers for use in CW and
pulsed applications. Aethercomm covers the frequency range from DC to 40 GHz. Aethercomm products
are used in radar systems, electronic warfare systems, communication systems and test and
measurement applications. Aethercomm also designs and manufactures transmitters, transceivers and
RF/microwave subsystems and systems. Aethercomm’s design and manufacturing facilities are located
in Carlsbad, CA in San Diego County.
We are seeking highly motivated Senior RF Design
Engineers. We need self starters who know how to design and develop the latest in RF amplifier
technology employing GaN, GaAs, LDMOS and MMIC designs. Experience with frequencies between 20MHz
to 20GHz and power levels from 1 watt to 1000+ watts is highly desirable.
and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
demonstrate exceptional design and problem solving skills, including but not limited to: tuning
and troubleshooting RF including power amplifiers, analog, power management, digital circuits and
laboratory bench skills.
• Design and develop electronic designs to meet the commitments of the
RF Engineering Group.
• Respond to requests for proposals when required and support Marketing
on an as needed basis.
• Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research)
proposals for submittal to applicable government agencies.
• Mentor other Engineers, Designers
and Drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
Provides information regarding "as built" configuration as required for permanent records
including schematics and BOM’s.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide
information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and
other related technical support.
• Provide Engineering support to the Test and Production
departments as required.
• Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the
company’s Engineering capabilities.
• Monitor project costs and supporting maintenance of
acceptable project expenses.
• Write white papers and technical articles to improve the
company’s technical reputation.
• A Master’s Degree (M. S.) and
Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university with a focus on RF Engineering
and five to ten years hands on related experience.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal
• Good project management skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate
effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficient with
AWR Microwave Office, Ansoft HFSS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of EPICOR MRP
system a PLUS.
We offer excellent compensation, an annual bonus, full benefits package and 401k
with employer match.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website
Aethercomm is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. EEO/AA employer - Female,
minority, Vietnam-era Veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.