Looking for job openings suitable to my profile in Bangalore,Inida. I have 20 years of work experience in RF/Wireless technology and have good experience in Radio certfifcations as well. Below is my detailed resume.
# B6-003, L & T South City
Arekere Micolayout, Banerghatta Road
BANGALORE – 560 076
Home: +91 080 41466781
Cell: +91 9900962382
Email: email@example.comPROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Strong and diverse experience of twenty years in RF and Wireless domain. Substantial expertise in design and development of RF/wireless systems & products for point to multipoint system, digital microwave communication system, satellite , VSAT systems and also products for Zigbee, WiFi & Bluetooth applications.
Successful completion of several time bound projects – 2.3 -2.4 GHz Spread spectrum system for Malaysian telecom, 3.5-3.6 GHz Spread spectrum system for Indonesian telecom, Satellite terminals and systems for Indian telecom, several RF amplifiers and transceivers for Indian organizations.
Well experienced in establishing microwave links and carrying out frequency planning for telecommunication operations. Thorough understanding and working knowledge on antennas.
Extensive involvement in providing technical support to - Testing team for setting up complete test facilities and to carry out entire range of RF tests; Production engineering team to mass produce radios.
Strong knowledge on different modulation and demodulation methods, filtering techniques and base band functionality. Familiar with wireless standards – Zigbee, WLAN (802.11 a/b/g) , WCDMA, WiMAX, etc .
Adept at analyzing situations and developing alternative solutions based on experience, research, staff input and imposed guidelines.
Extensive exposure to test equipments like network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer , vector signal generator, power meter, etc.
HTS – Bangalore, 2006 -Till Present
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS), is an integral arm of Honeywell, one of the world's premier global and progressive companies. As Honeywell’s key regional arm of excellence, HTS provides technology, product and business solutions meeting global standards of quality, innovation and lifetime performance.
Responsible for validation and verification of wide range of wireless products developed at Honeywell Bangalore for various applications like large industrial wireless networks for oil refineries, gas plants and mining ; Short range commercial monitoring and control applications; Automation and control of residential and commercial buildings; Safety & security applications ; Health monitoring . The Radio technologies involved in all these products includes Zigbee, WLAN, Bluetooth and GPS.
Prime focal for Radio certifications of all Honeywell wireless products for Global regions.
Accomplishments:• Established and standardized validation and verification methodology for the different Radios used in various wireless product and systems of Honeywell.
• Full fledged RF lab has been established , involved from initial stages of identifying all the required RF instruments, equipments , testing tools until installation and operation of the same.
• Achieved Radio Certifications for Asia Pacific and Middle East countries for one of the widely used Honeywell Industrial wireless product
• Achieved FCC certifications and CE marking for several wireless products developed at Honeywell
• Mentored and coached team of RF Engineers . Conducted training classes and workshops on RF and Wireless topics.
EWL – Malaysia, 2001-2006
Embedded Wireless Labs Sdn Bhd (EWL), R&D lab based at Malaysia, well known for product development catering to telecommunication / wireless markets right from concept to commercialization level.
Responsible for design and development of several spread spectrum radios for fixed point to multipoint telecommunication systems used by telco’s to extend connectivity to remote places. This involves conducting weekly review meetings, design review meetings, forming schedules - follow up, guidance and direction to engineers with their activities, interfacing with other teams and management, interaction with vendors and customers.
My job responsibility also includes – Study of latest and improved techniques, arriving at innovative solutions/methods to enhance the performance and reduce the cost of radios. Extensive support to installation and commissioning team, providing valuable inputs / feedback on radio link aspects.
• Successfully completed development of several radios for varied requirements of Telco’s from South Africa, Indonesia, Bangladesh and Malaysia on schedule. The development involved every single stage of product cycle , starting with formation of product specifications , followed by system level design, circuit level design, design verification, validation and manufacturing engineering support.
• Arrived at effective solutions to overcome several design challenges for the development of radios . Design challenge was due to the unique requirements of the system and the product being proprietry.
• Coined and tested, solution oriented antenna mounting strategies to overcome the coupling issues between transmitter and receiver .
• Established microwave links to Malaysian telecom and Bangladesh telecom successfully.
• Engineered the entire setup for automized testing of radios.
• Streamlined the process of execution of tasks and technical documentation.
ITI Ltd., Transmission R&D, Bangalore, 1996-2001
Indian Telephone Industries (ITI Ltd.) – Pioneering Telecommunication industry in India.
Spearheaded Amplifier project , assumed entire responsibility for complete in house development of SSPA’s and LNA’s – Started with study phase, followed by arranging training programmes for the team to upgrade with the necessary skills and equipping lab with high end instruments and design packages(ADS) .
• Designed and developed compact and antenna feed mountable 5 watt transceiver for VSAT remote station. Optimised its design for output power, cost and compactness. The product passed through rigorous environmental conditions and was successfully productionised.
• Completed development of rack mount 20 watt SSPA for 8 GHz microwave communication system. Trouble free operation of these amplifiers in the field.
• Met pressing needs of satellite communication division by coming out with low cost C-band 650k LNA that had excellent performance.
ITI Ltd., Bangalore, 1991-1996
Played active role in a dynamic team working exclusively on up/down converters and Transceivers. Came up with timely solutions and suggestions for optimized design and issues faced at several stages of development. Complete involvement in all stages of development which included block level design, circuit design, simulation, layout making, fabrication and testing.
Used ADS software package extensively for simulation of amplifier circuits and layout generation. Authored design documents, test procedures and operating manuals.
• Successfully designed and developed C-Band rack mountable up/down converter for Indian department of telecommunication to be used in satellite systems.
• Developed transceiver for VSAT system to meet stringent specifications of Indian defense organization.
ITI Ltd., Bangalore, 1987-1991
Assistant Executive Engineer
Part of a team in the development of RF subsystems. Completed post graduation in communication engineering in the year 1990.
• Several RF subsystems like medium power amplifiers, microstrip / strip line filters, couplers and power dividers/combiners were developed for use in up/down converters and RF transceivers.EDUCATION
• Masters degree ( research based ) from Electrical communication engineering department, Indian Institute of Science (I.I.Sc), Bangalore, INDIA -1990 . Research work done on “Log periodic array of circular microstrip patch antennas”.
• Bachelor of engineering in Electronics and telecommunication , University Visveshwaraiah College of engineering, Bangalore, INDIA – 1985.PERSONAL STRENGTHS
• Analytical thinking, logical approach to issues, problem solving skills and decision making.
• Tolerance, empathy and understanding towards people .AWARDS
“Best New Performer” award for outstanding contribution to the company from Embedded Wireless Labs – 2001.
“Team Excellence” award for relentless effort, focus and determination demonstrated for Kingfisher Wireless project - 2008