Inovonics, located in beautiful Louisville CO, is the leader in commercial-grade, high-performance wireless sensor networks that are fast replacing traditional wired approaches. Since 1986 we have pioneered and patented innovative 900 MHz wireless technologies that our customers use for a wide range of commercial and life-safety applications. Inovonics is the leading provider of Enterprise Mobile Duress Systems and is renowned worldwide for exceptional system performance and reliability. There are more than 6.5 million of our sensor networks deployed globally in the most challenging of environments, where structural limitations and multiple wireless networks can prove disruptive to lower quality systems. We have a new opportunity for a Regulatory Compliance Engineer.
POSITION TITLE: Regulatory Compliance Engineer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Compliance Engineering
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer is responsible to ensure Inovonics products are specified, designed, tested and qualified to comply, achieve and maintain required grants, listings, certifications, registrations and documentation to meet certain government and commercial standards. The successful candidate requires extensive experience with FCC, Industry Canada, CE, ETSI, Cenelec, ACMA/RSM and UL regulations, standards or directives for unlicensed wireless, digital and telecomm devices deployed in multiple markets, including commercial security and senior care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work cooperatively with Design Engineering and Product Management to provide technical guidance on regulatory impacts and requirements during early development of new products, or revision of existing products.
2. Select, manage and build rapport with third-party compliance testing laboratories and certification bodies, to achieve best fit, cost, and rapid service to support and align with development schedules.
3. Manage the accurate and complete preparation and submission of regulatory grant and listing applications to meet market and supply chain schedules.
4. Maintain a compliance roadmap to provide early warning visibility and advice on business impacts of emerging legislation, revisions and expirations of applicable regulations, directives and standards.
5. Support internal and external regulatory compliance inquiries as Inovonics subject matter expert.
6. Manage and maintain regulatory compliance files and standards library.
7. Maintain continuous education on a broad spectrum of product regulatory standards including radio, EMC and safety in worldwide markets.
8. Member and/or contributor to strategic standards committees to ensure Inovonics products are competitive and able to meet requirements of the standard.
9. Some travel is required.
• 7 to 10 years of related Radio, EMC and Safety product compliance and test experience
• Proven track record of success negotiating the regulatory environment
• The ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and coordination of multiple projects is a requirement.
• Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment
• Must have strong relationship building and communication skills
• Expected to proactively identify and manage areas of risk and constraint to mitigate schedule impacts.
• Prior hands-on Radio, EMC and Safety compliance testing experience is a plus.
BSEE required and MSEE and MBA preferred
Relevant regulatory training
COMPENSATION AND OTHER
Commensurate with experience
Inovonics, an equal opportunity employer and growing company specializing in wireless technology, is seeking people to make an impact in the following position.