Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would
be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate
that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views.
It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if
you would like to post something on RF Cafe's
page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all
the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: Radio Integration Engineer position Long Island, NY Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:27 pm
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
A great opportunity to work with sharp people.
Symbol. The Enterprise Mobility Company.
Symbol Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in mobile data management systems and services with innovative customer solutions based on wireless local area networking for voice and data, application-specific mobile computing and bar code data capture. Symbol and its global network of business partners provide solutions for retailing, transportation and distribution logistics, parcel and postal delivery, healthcare, education, manufacturing and other industries.
We are aggressively seeking two talanted engineers to join the team building build our next generation of handsets.
Job Category: United States > Engineering-Electrical
Posted Job Title: Radio Integration Engineer
Tracking Code: 41951
Job Description: POSITION DUTIES:
· Perform the electrical and system integration of radios into Symbol mobile computing devices.
· Write technical specifications and participate in design reviews.
· Generate schematic diagrams and assume oversight responsibility for PC board layout.
· Lead cross-functional (electrical, mechanical, software engineering) teams in integrating radio technologies into products.
· Perform/lead system performance testing to insure integration and design meets product requirements.
· Provide technical leadership in obtaining required regulatory and network certification approvals for radio-integrated mobile computing devices.
· Guide development of antenna solutions.
· BSEE with minimum of 7-10 years experience, MSEE desirable.
· Experience with radio integration into PDA-type and portable mobile computing products.
· Experience with GSM/GPRS, CDMA, 802.11b/a/g, and Bluetooth technologies and familiarity with applicable regulatory and network approval processes.
· Experience in low-power, battery-operated device design.
· Working knowledge of radio and computing system interactions and techniques for resolving interference issues.
· Working knowledge of EMI/EMC issues and techniques for resolution of these issues.
· Ability to work independently within cross-functional internal and third party design teams.
· International travel, up to 25%, required.
Job Location Code: Holtsville (NY002)
Job Location: Holtsville, NY, US.
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
(631) 738-5024Posted 11/12/2012