RF/EE Engineer position in Seattle, WA - RF Cafe Forums
Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: RF/EE Engineer position in Seattle, WA
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:45 pm
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
As our RF Engineer you will join a growing engineering effort to develop and deliver our First Responder Communications System. This position is committed to hands-on product development as well as the design and development of new applications that provide total solutions for core CoCo products. The RF team is in charge of wireless, microwave, land-mobile, and marine-mobile radios; software-defined radio; and ultra wideband radio design/implementation for CoCo infrastructure and products. The RF team supports the deployment team by providing site surveys, which determine optimal physical placement of CoCo equipment, as well as managing performance tuning, demo support, and consulting with other teams on wireless and radio issues. The RF/EE will also handle integrating RF equipment from various vendors--including land mobile radios (LMR) and WiFi radios--with the CoCo network.
Requirements for the position include:
• Practical knowledge of all major wireless telecommunication air-interface standards including GSM, TDMA, CDMA IS-95, iDEN, EDGE, UMTS, and CDMA-2000
• Practical knowledge of the radio vendors and handheld units commonly used in government agencies, including a familiarity with the pros/cons of the most popular systems(/li>
• Experience with RF design applications and systems for the following standards: 802.11, APCO P25, Passport, TETRA or MPT-1352 trunked radio, and Motorola trunking standards such as SmartNet and SmartOne
• At least five years' experience with analog and digital circuit design
• Ability to design and prototype radio interface hardware, including knowledge of circuit design and some PCB layout, with soldering technique being essential
• Knowledge of subcontract vendors for outsourcing the above-mentioned technologies is preferred
• Software experience in C/C++, firmware design, or assembly is preferred
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the United States and to international destinations
US Citizenship is required for this position.
Interested candidates should send their resume to jeanine at cococorp.com
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:35 pm
Do you offer Internship or CO-OP ?