4 Seeley Storm Drive (H) 973-764-3793
Glenwood, New Jersey 07418 (C) 201-452-1010
Clearance: SECRET email@example.com
RF SYSTEMS INTEGRATION AND TEST SKILLS:
• Highly Experienced in the development of electronic systems that result in marketable products for military and private applications
• Test and evaluate 2G and 3G CDMA cellular system performance, troubleshoot if necessary.
• Expertise in digital, RF and Microwave testing and the use of laboratory test equipment.
• Background in Analog Circuit Design and board layout.
• Ability to coordinate activities across multiple technical disciplines to achieve program objectives
• Write system architecture, design and performance specifications
• Engineering Manager for ground and airborne platforms
• Storyboarded proposals, defined labor and capital costs, defined work flow.
• Wrote and managed Statements of Work and Work Breakdown Schedules.
• Wrote test plans and conducted validation testing in the laboratory and out in the field.
• Interpret and interface with customer to satisfy their requirements
• Supervised service and technical staff in support of customers and sales
• Comfortable speaking with vendors and customers and enjoy planning, organizing and demonstrating our efforts to our customers.
• Knowledgeable in the integration of modem, radio and antenna systems
• Setup and established satellite and point-to-point microwave communications links.
• Experienced with a variety of terrestrial and satellite propagation tools.
• Hands-on, short sleeve personality with integration and test proficiency, tool handiness, able to adapt and improvise
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Tools.
Integrated Microwave Technologies
Engineering Manager, Systems Integrator - RF Systems
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
July 2010 – November 2011
• Engineering Manager for new military, aerospace and government product line.
• Detail project scope, goals, schedules, costs and provide status to upper management.
• Interface with Sales, customers and vendors to solve operational and technical challenges
• Responsible for design, specification, integration and testing of COFDM radio systems for advanced mobile communication applications for DoD, State and Local law enforcement entities
• Authored system architectures and technical proposals on the behalf of Sales utilizing existing company products and purchased subassemblies
• Managed demo programs for DoD and government security agencies
• Approved quotes from sales, wrote proposals and quoted labor and material costs.
• Responsible for system architecture, writing specifications, designing new system features.
• Knowledgeable with camera and sensor technologies such a Video (MPEG2, MPEG4, NTSC), Thermal Imaging, audio and GPS
• Designed the electrical and mechanical structure for a new six-way diversity passive tracking antenna for helicopter surveillance.
• Designed a 16 x 8 Pin-Diode Switch Matrix which reduced material and labor costs by $100K per system.
• Technical liaison to sales and marketing for trade shows.
• Trained sales staff on features and programming of IMT products.
Member of Technical Staff / Task Manager – RF Hardware and Systems
Electronics, Intelligence & Support – Wayne, New Jersey 1986 – 1999 and 2000 - 2010
• Responsible for design, specification, integration and testing of RF systems for advanced mobile defense communication applications.
• Designed antenna systems to track and establish Satellite Communications in the UHF, X, Ku, and Ka bands for static and Comm-On-The-Move data links.
• Single point of contact for project scope, schedules, budget, implementation and action items
• Team leader to develop a new landing system antenna for the Army. This led to a $21M award.
• Coordinated the demonstration of prototype Data Link system which led to a $5M award.
• RF Engineering Manager for Joint Lightweight Tactical Vehicle program for C4ISR / FCS
• Responsible for antenna design, selection, placement and Cosite Analysis studies
• Designed WIN-T product performance, validation and testing protocols.
• Responsible for planning, system design, development and testing of “Comm-On-The-Move” satellite and UAV communication systems for WIN-T Tactical Data Links.
• Detailed trade studies for new product development using Story Board Techniques.
• Performed propagation analysis, terrain analysis, link budgets and cascade system analysis
• Integration and test of networking radios based on 802.16 OFDM
• Very strong hands-on knowledge of RF and Digital test equipment
• Chaired “Grey Beard” design reviews and presented findings back to corporate.
• Presented at Technical Interchange meetings with vendors and customers.
• Authored RF Systems technical responses for military proposals
• Responsible for Army Spectrum Management Office and FCC license applications.
Member of Technical Staff – RF Hardware Engineer
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
1999 – 2000
• Developed and tested 2G, 3G/1xEVDO CDMA Cellular Base Stations.
• Supported the design and development of the 450MHz “ModCell” for eastern block countries
• Analyzed CDMA “ModCell” base stations at cell sites for range and performance.
• Selected the RF filtering, PA’s LNA’s and Lightning Strike Protection features.
• Returned to BAE after 20 months when asked to accept a new position.
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Masters classes in satellite and digital communications
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Security Clearance: SECRET
• Nominated for Meritorious Performer - 2007
• Bronze Chairman’s Award winner for Common Data Link Transceivers and Antennas – 2008
• Nominated for Chairman’s Award – 2010
• Led Lounsberry Hollow Middle School in Vernon, NJ as the first school in NJ to be approved by NASA to speak to the astronauts on the International Space Station via Amateur Radio
• President Sussex County Amateur Radio Club
• Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator
• Member Sussex County and Vernon Township Office of Emergency Management