RF / MW Engineer needed in Long Island NY - RF Cafe Forums
Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would
be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate
that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views.
It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if
you would like to post something on RF Cafe's
page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all
the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: RF / MW Engineer needed in Long Island NY Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm
RF/Microwave Test Engineer - Full Time
postion available on Long Island,NY.
Will consider entry level through experienced applicants.
- Test and tune RF/Microwave Devices, up to 35 GHz
- Troubleshoot production
microwave integrated systems to the component level
- Documentation of specifications and changes made to
- Characterization of devices
- Frequency domain testing including Vector Network Analyzers,
Spectrum Analyzers and S-parameters
- Evaluate mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance of components
- Set up and maintain lab space, tools, and materials of a hardware R&D lab
- Monitor and
maintain production flow and inventory
- Interface with component manufacturers to replenish stock for
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical / Computer Engineering ( BSEE, BSCE,
MSEE or MSCE) or similar
- Undergraduate / Graduate coursework in RF / Microwave / Radar Engineering
Possess a strong electrical / electronics engineering aptitude
- Candidates must be a United States citizen
for security clearance purposes
- Very high level of attention to detail; noticing and responding to
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Ideally a minimum of two years experience in RF / Microwave Engineering.
- Experience performing hands
on product design, development and implementation
- Solid understanding of typical lab test equipment such as
Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Noise Figure meters, Frequency sources and data
- Design and implementation of FPGA’s using VHDL
- Ability to implement digital
content into designs
- Good understanding of the physics underlying electrical, electronic, mechanical and
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and electronic schematics.
skills that include soldering/de-soldering of SMT devices
- Familiarity with AutoCad, MW Office, Iso Pro
- Experience using circuit prototyping routers
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO
9000:2000, J-STD-001, IPC-610 is a plus.
Please send resumes to:
36 Central Ave
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Post approved by Kirt Blattenberger