RF / MW Engineer needed in Long Island NY - RF Cafe Forums
Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: RF / MW Engineer needed in Long Island NY Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm
RF/Microwave Test Engineer - Full Time postion available on Long Island,NY.
Will consider entry level through experienced applicants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and tune RF/Microwave Devices, up to 35 GHz
- Troubleshoot production microwave integrated systems to the component level
- Documentation of specifications and changes made to hardware
- Characterization of devices
- Frequency domain testing including Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and S-parameters
- Evaluate mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance of components and systems
- Set up and maintain lab space, tools, and materials of a hardware R&D lab
- Monitor and maintain production flow and inventory
- Interface with component manufacturers to replenish stock for production
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical / Computer Engineering ( BSEE, BSCE, MSEE or MSCE) or similar
- Undergraduate / Graduate coursework in RF / Microwave / Radar Engineering
- Possess a strong electrical / electronics engineering aptitude
- Candidates must be a United States citizen for security clearance purposes
- Very high level of attention to detail; noticing and responding to contributory factors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Ideally a minimum of two years experience in RF / Microwave Engineering.
- Experience performing hands on product design, development and implementation
- Solid understanding of typical lab test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Noise Figure meters, Frequency sources and data acquisition systems
- Design and implementation of FPGA’s using VHDL
- Ability to implement digital content into designs
- Good understanding of the physics underlying electrical, electronic, mechanical and thermal devices.
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and electronic schematics.
- Rework skills that include soldering/de-soldering of SMT devices
- Familiarity with AutoCad, MW Office, Iso Pro softwares
- Experience using circuit prototyping routers
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO 9000:2000, J-STD-001, IPC-610 is a plus.
Please send resumes to:
36 Central Ave
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Post approved by Kirt Blattenberger
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.