GEORGE R. WILMER
Huntsville, Alabama (267) 625-0417
Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Interference,
Design, Integration, Test;
Board Level to System Level Architect
• Project Engineering &
Proposal Development • Systems Engineering
EMI Design and Mitigation • RF Design: 3 MHZ to
• Research & Development Engineering
• Risk Assessment and Alleviation
Management • Communication Systems Design
Multilingual (English, French & German) • FCC
Parts 15 & 90 Compliance
• Wireless: RFID, Bluetooth, 802.11x, ZigBee,
802.16x, Trunked/conventional LMR, GPRS, SATCOM
• EME / Environmental: per DO-160, MIL-461,
MIL-462, MIL-810, HIRF (TILE, TESEQ software used)
• Avionics: DO-181, DO-186A, ED-23B, FAR 25.581
• Antenna Design: UHF/VHF/ FM - slot array,
cavity back resonators, panel antennas
DoD, FAA, NASA, NOAA, Public Safety & Law Enforcement,
Homeland Security, Public Utilities, Transportation,
WILMER ENGINEERING Huntsville, AL
/ Principal Consultant 1993 - Present
technical and cost consultation relevant to the
800 MHz Rebanding Project, saving the prime contractor
over $1 billion dollars versus original pricing.
• Technical lead on railroad and utility communication
projects to transition land mobile radio systems
from 25 KHz to narrowband (12.5 / 6.25 kHz).
• As a Subject Matter Expert, responsible to insure
Part 90 compliance of a developing Software Defined
Radio by analyzing schematics and specifications.
• Developed EMI, Lightning, Power Quality and
Environmental test procedures.
• Conducted and
witnessed tests pursuant to DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462,
MIL-810 and other relevant specs.
for performance testing and validation of new VHF
• Developed broadband (WiMAX) solutions
for Homeland Security and Public Safety apps.
• Designed radio system upgrades for major utility
companies to include LMR and microwave systems.
• Broadcast antenna systems design and development.
Clients of Wilmer Engineering have included:
• ARINC • Harris RF Communications Division
• Goodrich Interior Lighting Systems • Hamilton
• Honeywell Aerospace • PacifiCorp
Power & Energy
• Wulfsberg Electronics •
East Ohio Gas Company
• Sanmina-SCI Defense
/ Aerospace • inCode Wireless
• Eclipse Aviation
• Northeast Utilities
• Rockwell Collins Avionics
• DynCorp / CSC
DRS C3 Systems Wyndmoor,
Staff Systems Engineer 2005 – 2007
Responsible to lead teams in developing communication
systems for Homeland Security, C3 as well as US
• Significant focus on
communication systems’ interoperability and IP-based
• Developed requirements traceability
matrix, risk assessment; worked as part of senior
management team on bid captures.
• Strong interaction
with cross functional teams to include Program Management
and Business Development.
• Translated system
level documents from French to English, developing
system specs for evaluating domestic products for
applicability for a radar program.
Sr. Systems Engineer 1993
• System level design of trunked LMR systems for
international applications in Thailand and Taiwan
to include evaluating requirements and architecting
• Generated equipment lists,
developed acceptance test procedures and coverage
• Conducted design reviews
and presentations to international government, military
and public safety officials.
NASA Lewis Research Center
Engineer 1991 - 1992
• RF Spectrum Manager to
NASA Center responsible for all RF systems including
LMR, satellite and microwave.
• Redesign of
the conventional LMR to wideband trunked technology.
o Conducted site survey and coverage analysis.
o Developed a SOW and analyzed proposals for
a new trunked radio system.
o Assisted NASA
in technology selection of the new system.
Served as the vendor-to-NASA interface for the turnkey
• Responsible for new technology analysis,
testing and implementation.
Systems Fort Wayne, IN / Ashburn, VA
Engineer 1979 – 1990
• Research and development
of DoD satellite communication systems (3 MHz –
• Board level design of RF, microwave,
analog and digital circuitry.
• Expertise in
transceiver, synthesizer, power distribution, spread
spectrum design and techniques.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY Ft Wayne, IN
(BSEE Candidate, 13
Credits Remaining for Completion)
OF PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh, PA
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS &
§ CCDA – Cisco Certified Design Associate
(in process of completing)
§ IEEE – Institute
of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Member