RF Apps Eng in NC - GSM / CDMA - RF Cafe Forums
Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: RF Apps Eng in NC - GSM / CDMA
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:20 pm
RF Senior Application Engineer - RF Micro Devices (www.rfmd.com)
This person will work as a member of a team to bring highly integrated RF chipsets to market. This work will include validation of test hardware component and system prototypes against specifications; hands-on lab work to identify and resolve issues, design and analyze RF subsystems using tools such as Agilent ADS and MS Excel; create radio reference designs; work with customers and partners to integrate RF chipsets into handset designs; mentor junior level engineers and technicians.
BSEE or equivalent and a minimum of five years (3 years and a related MS degree) work experience as an RF/Microwave Engineer. At least two of the required years of experience must be in cellular handset board-level RF design/product development. Additional required experience includes board-level development of GSM/GPRS, GSM/EDGE, and/or WCDMA handset design.
Detailed skill requirement:
• Front end integration of cellular phones: PA + switch integration for GSM application, PA + duplexer integration of CDMA phones, PA + front end switch/filter network integration for GSM/EDGE/WCDMA phones
• Power control loop integration within GSM phones, RF power detection methods
• Transceiver integration within cellular phones
• Familiarity or working experience with 3GPP, ETSI specifications
• Working experience with different modulation techniques, overall familiarity with digital communication techniques
• Strong overall RF experience: familiar with transmission theory, matching theory, filtering, PA design, PA biasing, PA architectures, transceiver architectures, antennas, RF test methods, RF automation
• System level analysis and design experience for cellular phones: spec and standard translation into system level design, component performance budgeting based on system level requirement
• Board level RF layout experience
• Simulation tools: ADS, Momentum, Mathcad (Mathlab)
• Customer interface: working experience in resolving customer technical issues, good presentation skills, friendly personality
• Good technical writing skills: responsible for technical articles, application notes, product notes, technical presentations
* Travel: both domestic and international - up to 25%
Please do contact me, Jeanne Wilkinson, and I will do my best to provide feedback. I can be reached at JWilkinson@RFMD.com.