Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would
be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate
that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views.
It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if
you would like to post something on RF Cafe's
page, please do.
Below are all of the forum threads, including all
the responses to the original posts.
Post subject: Manufacturing Engineer Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:06 pm
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Our company, Nucomm located in Hackettstown NJ is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Will condsider relocation as well.
The primary function of the Manufacturing Engineer is to provide real-time manufacturing support during the manufacture of microwave transmitters and receivers used in the broadcast industry. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineering will be directly involved in the design review and release process for new products into manufacturing.
1. Daily interfacing with various manufacturing departments to ensure product is built to proper specifications.
2. Develop work instructions and recommend process improvements with a key emphasis on process optimization and cost improvements.
3. Direct involvement with new product deployment relative to the design review and new product transition process.
4. Ensure that design for manufacturability (DFM) methods are considered and implemented for both new and existing products.
5. Operate cross-functionally on both new product introduction and continuous improvement activities.
6. Optimization of current manufacturing methods and workflows.
7. Identification of equipment and assembly fixture requirements and their deployment into production.
8. Support the ECR/ECO process and ensure that engineering changes are implemented as instructed.
9. Perform supplier assessments and audits from a process perspective.
10. Direct interface to outside suppliers relative to process and quality issues.
Skills and Qualifications
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and implementing manufacturing and quality processes for RF and microwave equipment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to work in a team atmosphere.
• Excellent project management skills.