An exciting opportunity has opened for a senior MMIC designer that is looking to develop MMIC RF and Microwave functions on Nitronex’s unique GaN-on-Silicon process. You’ll be designing MMICs that span from UHF to Ka band, utilizing state-of-the-art tools and semiconductor processes. Nitronex is a quickly growing company that will require MMIC designers to utilize new technologies that will enable devices to operate to Ka band and as high as 65V. Candidates must hold an MSEE, have 7+ years of MMIC development experience, preferably in a compound semiconductor (GaN or GaAs), have a solid grasp of RF fundementals, and a desire to work in a fast paced, startup environment. To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
2305 Presidential Drive
Durham, NC 27703
The ideal candidate will have complete capability in designing MMICs, bringing the following skills to Nitronex:
• A Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other relevant field.
• 7+ years of MMIC development experience in GaN or GaAs.
• Extensive experience with an RF simulation package such as MWO or ADS.
• Working knowledge of linear and non-linear FET models and their limitations.
• Working knowledge of passive element models and their limitations.
• In-depth understanding of RF testing (s-parameters, I-V, pulsed I-V, load-pull), calibration (SOLT, TRL, LRM, etc.), verification, and analysis.
• Hands-on approach to solving problems including working in the lab to help debug test issues and at times performing RF testing.
• Independent, able to execute on design level tasks with little supervision or oversight.
• Able to communicate effectively with peers both formally through design reviews and informally.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• Design and test MMIC products from conception to release.
• Aid in the identification of opportunities and technical feasibility of design performance targets.
• Define RF and DC test requirements, test plans, calibration structures, verification techniques, and data validation.
• Provide guidance for advanced technology roadmap to improve product performance
• Provide recommendations to advance design capability
• Assist in Advanced Technology Programs to execute on research goals that are funded by government research grants (e.g. SBIR).