I am currently searching for an experienced technical leader in the area of RF board level design for a new product opportunity!
Please contact me (Traci Wright) if you think this might be a fit for you.
All responses/inquiries for this opening can be sent to my attention at email@example.com
and please reference that you noticed our posting courtesy of RF Café! We want to know where our best and brightest engineers go to for the latest news and information.
Please no inquiries from third party agents. Harris RF Communications is the leading global supplier of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government and commercial organizations and a leading supplier of assured communications systems and equipment for public safety, utility and transportation markets, with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks to portable and mobile single- and multiband radios.RF Design Engineer, New Product Development– Technical Lead – Rochester, NY – RFCD10091034
In this role as a RF Design Engineer you will be utilized as a Subject Matter Expert and Technical Lead for a group of engineers working on the new product development in our expanding high volume military markets. You will be responsible for the design of the RF portion of this product in the RF Electronic Warfare (EW) below 10 GHz.
• Responsible for the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total RF hardware solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating analog electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment such as EW or other hardware systems
• Responsible for hardware system integration, participation in peer reviews and identifying, tracking and repairing defects
• Determines design approaches and parameters
• Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Analyzes equipment to establish operating data conducts experimental tests and evaluates results
• Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
• May also review vendor capability to support development
• Will be a senior member of a cross functional development team with hands on responsibility for the design and support of receiver, synthesizer and power amplifier hardware from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product
• BSEE required, MSEE highly desired.
• 15 years experience with the development of RF circuitry is required including some experience with the following: AGC, phased-lock loops, RF & IF chains, frequency converters, mixers, filters, microstrip, and stripline, modeling and analysis of RF circuits/subsystems using commercially available software. Also should include subsystem analysis capabilities to include: Dynamic Range, IMD, gain distributions, leakage rejection, thermal drift, and component specification generation. Experience should include involvement in recent technology shifts from analog to digital.
• 10 years detailed experience with RF analog development and test equipment including Arbitrary Waveform Generators, Vector Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, O-Scopes, etc.
• 5 years experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers is required
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience with High Frequency radio systems
• Knowledge of electrical safety and EMC standards and principles. (MIL-STD-461 standards.)
• Familiarity with Agilent Genesys, electromagnetic simulation, and Matlab., tools
• Ability to able to communicate advanced technical concepts clearly, and work closely with system stakeholders, customers, executive management and technical peers, to ensure compliance with system design requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to work in an integrated product team environment.
• Working knowledge of RF receiver and/or jammer subsystems and functional relationships between subsystems.
• Experience programming experience including embedded software (FPGA/VHDL highly desired).
• Past experience with RF sections of electronic warfare/countermeasures highly desirable
• Application of design considerations for volume production is desired
• 15 years experience programming experience including embedded software required (FPGA/VHDL highly desired).
• An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance (preferred) OR the ability to obtain.Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
You may view this position and many others at http://www.employment.harris.com
For more information on our products and services http://www.rfcomm.harris.com/A special thanks to Kirt and his team at RF Cafe for continuing to provide career opportunities to the RF community.
Traci Wright, Senior Technical Recruiter, Harris Talent Management Center