POSITION TITLE: Firmware Engineer III
REPORTS TO: Director of Software Development
Do you want to work for an industry leading company that is transforming the world in which we live? Inovonics (http://www.inovonics.com
) is the leader in high-performance wireless sensor networks for commercial and life safety applications. Founded in 1986, we pioneered and patented the use of 900 MHz wireless technology to deliver the most reliable, cost-effective and flexible solutions for critical wireless applications. Renowned for exceptional performance and reliability, more than 6.5 million Inovonics wireless systems have been deployed in the most challenging of commercial environments, where structural limitations and multiple wireless networks can prove disruptive to lower quality systems.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
-Real-time embedded /firmware software engineer to participate in overall software system design and architecture.
-Responsible for ensuring that the system is easy to maintain and extend.
-Collaborates with others on the design of the system as a whole.
-Focused on technical needs and implementation of the designs.
-Must interface and work with other development teams (such as hardware or RF) on technical problem solving.
-Fully understands and relates customer needs to the product we develop.
-Recognizes and takes opportunities to demonstrate leadership abilities.
-Creates productive and positive working relationships.
-Assists in functional specifications development.
-Provides customer support as required.
-Checks accuracy and test quality, maintains in-depth knowledge of the field.
Bachelor degree in EE, CE or CS required, prefer Master degree
- 8-10 years of work experience required in Real-time embedded software development
- Experience with Real time OS such as VxWorks, pSOS, CMX or other similar RTOS
- Must be proficient in C-programming language
- Experience developing for micro-controllers, knowledge of TI-430, K60 (M4) is a plus
- Experience with debuggers, knowledge with IAR is a plus
- Experience with use of CM tool such as ClearCase, SVN/Subversion
- Experience with use of defect tracking tools such as ClearQuest, Jira, Trac
- Knowledge of OSI layers, TCP/IP networking experience is a plus
- Experience with flash file system is a plus
- Experience with the encryption is a plus
- GUI design experience is a plus
- Good software design foundation, geared toward quality and re-use
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Fast learner
- Good trouble shooting skills is a must
COMPENSATION AND OTHER:
Inovonics offers competitive compensation and generous benefits such as PPO medical, dental and vision plans in addition to 401(k) match and employee stock purchase discounts.
-Currently recruiting only in the United States and are not accepting international applications requiring sponsorship.
-Currently unable to offer relocation assistance.
Inovonics values diversity of thought and background and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.