Rod L. Kirkhart
1003 Ashland Ct.
OBJECTIVE: A challenging career that involves
the design and development of RF and microwave technology.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Sixteen years
of component and system level RF design and test
· Designed RF and analog circuits
and components utilizing various simulation tools.
· Implemented several manual and automated test
methods to improve productivity.
soldering skills and ability to solder 0201 and
fine pitch components.
· Knowledgeable of methods
to improve circuit performance for various parameters.
· Proficient at creating complex RF board layouts
using tools such as Pads and AutoCAD.
hard working and loyal with a team player attitude.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Microtune, Plano, TX. December 2007 – October
· Design, modify and debug reference circuits
for the RF sections of DTV and digital cable equipment.
· Design and simulate cable related RF devices such
as diplexers, LNA’s power splitters and equalizers.
· Perform extensive test and evaluation of DOCSIS
cable modems, set top boxes and converter boxes.
· Create impedance matching networks for SAW filters
and CATV tuner interfaces.
Litepoint Inc, Sunnyvale, CA. September 2006
– November 2007
· Designed low phase noise synthesizers
for WLAN and WiMax\MIMO testers.
in developing low cost, high performance circuits
while meeting schedules.
· Hands-on design and
test of synthesizers including DDS, PLL, VCO and
· Created complex board
layouts and schematics.
Wireless, Sacramento, CA. December 2004 - January
· Developed FSK transmitters and receivers
with emphasis on RF performance such as sensitivity,
harmonic suppression, VSWR, power, gain and stability.
· Designed discrete RF circuits such as mixers,
filters, amplifiers and oscillators.
circuits using Microwave Office.
· Tuned and
measured monopole, dipoles, log periodic and patch
· Optimized baseband circuits to improve
data quality and reliability.
· Selected devices
for best performance and cost effectiveness.
· Created layout and schematic drawings using various
Sacramento, CA. January 2004 – December 2004
· Lead prototype and pilot evaluations for RF amplifiers,
switches and attenuators.
· Designed balanced
broadband RF amplifiers.
· Modified RF components
to improve yield and reliability.
simulations with ADS to improve S-parameters, noise,
linearity and stability.
· Created test methods
and fixtures for new products.
Remec Wireless, Roseville, CA. September
2001 - April 2003
· Responsible for the design
of 1-18GHz multiplier circuits for use in digital
· Designed lumped element and printed
· Developed and tested an ASK modulated
· Assisted in determining
an efficient frequency plan.
· Tested and repaired
IF, RF and Millimeter circuitry of radios.
Premier Devices, Folsom, CA.
March 2000 - September 2001
· Designed a wide
range of passive RF components such as mixers and
· Tested GSM and CDMA feedforward
· Performed complex tuning
of millimeter wave amplifiers and ceramic filters.
· Delegated and directed RF technicians and assemblers.
Junior RF Engineer
Advanced Counter Measure
Systems, Sacramento, CA. August 1999 - March 2000
· Tested and repaired communication jammers and
wireless data collectors.
· Developed automated
test software using HP Vee.
· Evaluated and qualified
RF, analog and digital components.
Blue Cell, Sacramento, CA. January
1998 - August 1999
· Modified components to
achieve optimal performance and manufacturability.
· Evaluated RF products and presented results and
suggestions engineering manager.
and documented test methods for new products.
Denso Wireless Communications,
San Diego, CA. March 1997 - January 1998
and debugged the RF portion of CDMA handsets.
· Responsible for impedance matching components
such as saw filters, power amplifiers and mixers.
· Constructed and tested circuits such as amplifiers,
oscillators, PLL's and mixers.
RF Prime Inc., Sacramento, CA. July 1994 - March
· Characterized RF components and compiled
data for engineers and customers.
production and solved test issues.
· Built and
designed test fixtures.
PATENTS: Low cost
planar double balanced mixer, US patent number 7305217
EDUCATION: A.S.E.T. in Electronic Engineering,
ITT Technical College, 1995.
Radio License, Technician Class, KF6SXC.
REFERENCES: Available upon request.
This resume is protected by copyright and may not
be reproduced in any form without the expressed
consent of the owner.