Rod L. Kirkhart
1003 Ashland Ct.
Allen, Texas 75013
OBJECTIVE: A challenging career that involves the design and development of RF and microwave technology.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Sixteen years of component and system level RF design and test experience.
· Designed RF and analog circuits and components utilizing various simulation tools.
· Implemented several manual and automated test methods to improve productivity.
· Excellent soldering skills and ability to solder 0201 and fine pitch components.
· Knowledgeable of methods to improve circuit performance for various parameters.
· Proficient at creating complex RF board layouts using tools such as Pads and AutoCAD.
· Enthusiastic, hard working and loyal with a team player attitude.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Microtune, Plano, TX. December 2007 – October 2009
· Design, modify and debug reference circuits for the RF sections of DTV and digital cable equipment.
· Design and simulate cable related RF devices such as diplexers, LNA’s power splitters and equalizers.
· Perform extensive test and evaluation of DOCSIS cable modems, set top boxes and converter boxes.
· Create impedance matching networks for SAW filters and CATV tuner interfaces.
Litepoint Inc, Sunnyvale, CA. September 2006 – November 2007
· Designed low phase noise synthesizers for WLAN and WiMax\MIMO testers.
· Successful in developing low cost, high performance circuits while meeting schedules.
· Hands-on design and test of synthesizers including DDS, PLL, VCO and multipliers circuits.
· Created complex board layouts and schematics.
Antenna Wireless, Sacramento, CA. December 2004 - January 2006
· Developed FSK transmitters and receivers with emphasis on RF performance such as sensitivity, harmonic suppression, VSWR, power, gain and stability.
· Designed discrete RF circuits such as mixers, filters, amplifiers and oscillators.
· Simulated circuits using Microwave Office.
· Tuned and measured monopole, dipoles, log periodic and patch antennas.
· Optimized baseband circuits to improve data quality and reliability.
· Selected devices for best performance and cost effectiveness.
· Created layout and schematic drawings using various CAD programs.
Blue Cell, Sacramento, CA. January 2004 – December 2004
· Lead prototype and pilot evaluations for RF amplifiers, switches and attenuators.
· Designed balanced broadband RF amplifiers.
· Modified RF components to improve yield and reliability.
· Performed simulations with ADS to improve S-parameters, noise, linearity and stability.
· Created test methods and fixtures for new products.
Master RF Technician
Remec Wireless, Roseville, CA. September 2001 - April 2003
· Responsible for the design of 1-18GHz multiplier circuits for use in digital radios.
· Designed lumped element and printed filters.
· Developed and tested an ASK modulated telemetry circuits.
· Assisted in determining an efficient frequency plan.
· Tested and repaired IF, RF and Millimeter circuitry of radios.
Premier Devices, Folsom, CA. March 2000 - September 2001
· Designed a wide range of passive RF components such as mixers and power splitters.
· Tested GSM and CDMA feedforward power amplifiers.
· Performed complex tuning of millimeter wave amplifiers and ceramic filters.
· Delegated and directed RF technicians and assemblers.
Junior RF Engineer
Advanced Counter Measure Systems, Sacramento, CA. August 1999 - March 2000
· Tested and repaired communication jammers and wireless data collectors.
· Developed automated test software using HP Vee.
· Evaluated and qualified RF, analog and digital components.
Junior RF Engineer
Blue Cell, Sacramento, CA. January 1998 - August 1999
· Modified components to achieve optimal performance and manufacturability.
· Evaluated RF products and presented results and suggestions engineering manager.
· Developed and documented test methods for new products.
Denso Wireless Communications, San Diego, CA. March 1997 - January 1998
· Tested and debugged the RF portion of CDMA handsets.
· Responsible for impedance matching components such as saw filters, power amplifiers and mixers.
· Constructed and tested circuits such as amplifiers, oscillators, PLL's and mixers.
RF Prime Inc., Sacramento, CA. July 1994 - March 1997
· Characterized RF components and compiled data for engineers and customers.
· Supported production and solved test issues.
· Built and designed test fixtures.
PATENTS: Low cost planar double balanced mixer, US patent number 7305217
EDUCATION: A.S.E.T. in Electronic Engineering, ITT Technical College, 1995.
LICENSES: Amateur Radio License, Technician Class, KF6SXC.
REFERENCES: Available upon request.This resume is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the expressed consent of the owner.