This resume is protected by copyright and
may not be reproduced in any form without
the expressed consent of the owner.
JOHN SANTILLO ©
4 Seeley Storm Drive (H) 973-764-3793
Glenwood, New Jersey 07418 (C) 201-452-1010
Clearance: SECRET firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To utilize advanced RF Systems engineering skills to develop R&D solutions for next generation communication systems for defense and private industries.
• Experienced technical team leader
• Cost Account Manager for R&D efforts
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and in collaborative settings
• Experienced in the development of RF/microwave systems that result in marketable products for military and private applications
• Experienced in preparation of RFP and RFI responses
• Ability to coordinate activities of multiple technical disciplines to achieve project objectives
• Proven record of technical advancement in product development
• Experienced using ATDI Warfare, Sat Master Pro+, MathCAD, NEC-2, HFTA and CDL propagation tools
• Knowledgeable in the integration of Falcon II, SINCGAR, EPLRS, SRW and WNW radios and waveforms
• Experienced in Quality, Reliability and Failure Analysis Techniques
Integrated Microwave Technologies
Engineering Manager, Systems Integrator - RF Systems
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
July 2010 - Present
• Hired to manage new military, aerospace and government product lines that transmit and receive standard and high definition video, audio and GPS data using a COFDM waveform.
• Responsible for system architecture, writing specifications, designing new system features, integration and testing of surveillance systems for government entities.
• Write system architectures and technical proposals on the behalf of sales based around IMT products and purchased subassemblies.
• RF Systems designer for aircraft and ground based assemblies.
• Designed a new six-way diversity Tactical Antenna and Pin-Diode Switch Matrix to the product inventory
• Propagation analysis, antenna development and cascade system analysis
RF Systems Engineer – Member of Technical Staff
Electronics, Intelligence & Support – Wayne, New Jersey 1986 – 1999 and 2000 - 2010
• Responsible for design, specification, integration and testing of RF system electronics for multiple advanced mobile defense communication applications.
• RF Engineering Manager for JLTV program. Responsible for antenna design and selection, placement and Cosite Analysis. Engineered cosite filters to overcome channel interference.
• IPT lead for R&D effort to develop new landing system antenna design for United States Army. Led to $21M award.
• Coordinated technical planning and team management for successful field demonstrations of CDL product capabilities for military review.
• Designed WIN-T infrastructure and developed product protocols for integration and performance testing.
• Responsible for planning, system design, development and testing of “Comm-on-the-Move” satellite and UAV communication systems for Tactical Data Links. Demonstrated successful links on both ship and airborne platforms.
• Team leader for technical reviews for ASN-128, FCS, WIN-T and JLTV programs.
• Contributed technical skills to all CDL programs, FCS, JLTV, WIN-T and a variety of terrestrial and SatCom communications systems.
• Developed link budgets and prepared propagation analysis.
• Chaired design reviews and presented findings back to corporate.
• Participated in technical reviews and presentations with vendors and potential customers.
• Authored RF systems technical responses for multiple RFP and RFI.
• Responsible for FCC license applications and renewals for company.
RF Hardware Engineer – Member of Technical Staff
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
1999 – 2000
• Developed 450MHz ModCell for eastern block countries.
• Selected the RF filtering, PA’s LNA’s and Lightning Strike Protection features.
• Analyzed CDMA base stations at cell sites for range and performance.
• Returned to BAE after 20 months when asked to accept a new position.
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Security Clearance: SECRET
• Nominated for Meritorious Performer - 2007
• Bronze Chairman’s Award winner for Common Data Link Transceivers and Antenna assemblies – 2008
• Nominated for Chairman’s Award - 2010
• Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator
• President Sussex County Amateur Radio Club
• Member Sussex County and Vernon Township Office of Emergency Management
• SKYWARN Coordinator for Sussex County