This resume is protected by copyright and
may not be reproduced in any form without
expressed consent of the owner.
JOHN SANTILLO ©
4 Seeley Storm Drive
Glenwood, New Jersey 07418 (C)
OBJECTIVE: To utilize advanced RF Systems
engineering skills to develop R&D solutions
for next generation communication systems for defense
and private industries.
technical team leader
• Cost Account Manager
for R&D efforts
• Strong communication and
• Able to work independently
and in collaborative settings
• Experienced in
the development of RF/microwave systems that result
in marketable products for military and private
• Experienced in preparation of
RFP and RFI responses
• Ability to coordinate
activities of multiple technical disciplines to
achieve project objectives
• Proven record of
technical advancement in product development
• Experienced using ATDI Warfare, Sat Master Pro+,
MathCAD, NEC-2, HFTA and CDL propagation tools
• Knowledgeable in the integration of Falcon II,
SINCGAR, EPLRS, SRW and WNW radios and waveforms
• Experienced in Quality, Reliability and Failure
Integrated Microwave Technologies
Manager, Systems Integrator - RF Systems
Olive, New Jersey
July 2010 - Present
• Hired to manage new military, aerospace and
government product lines that transmit and receive
standard and high definition video, audio and GPS
data using a COFDM waveform.
• Responsible for
system architecture, writing specifications, designing
new system features, integration and testing of
surveillance systems for government entities.
• Write system architectures and technical proposals
on the behalf of sales based around IMT products
and purchased subassemblies.
• RF Systems designer
for aircraft and ground based assemblies.
a new six-way diversity Tactical Antenna and Pin-Diode
Switch Matrix to the product inventory
analysis, antenna development and cascade system
RF Systems Engineer
– Member of Technical Staff
Electronics, Intelligence &
Support – Wayne, New Jersey 1986 – 1999 and 2000
• Responsible for design, specification,
integration and testing of RF system electronics
for multiple advanced mobile defense communication
• RF Engineering Manager for JLTV
program. Responsible for antenna design and selection,
placement and Cosite Analysis. Engineered cosite
filters to overcome channel interference.
• IPT lead for R&D effort to develop
new landing system antenna design for United States
Army. Led to $21M award.
• Coordinated technical
planning and team management for successful field
demonstrations of CDL product capabilities for military
• Designed WIN-T infrastructure and developed
product protocols for integration and performance
• Responsible for planning, system design,
development and testing of “Comm-on-the-Move” satellite
and UAV communication systems for Tactical Data
Links. Demonstrated successful links on both ship
and airborne platforms.
• Team leader for technical
reviews for ASN-128, FCS, WIN-T and JLTV programs.
• Contributed technical skills to all CDL programs,
FCS, JLTV, WIN-T and a variety of terrestrial and
SatCom communications systems.
• Developed link
budgets and prepared propagation analysis.
Chaired design reviews and presented findings back
• Participated in technical reviews
and presentations with vendors and potential customers.
• Authored RF systems technical responses for multiple
RFP and RFI.
• Responsible for FCC license applications
and renewals for company.
Engineer – Member of Technical Staff
1999 – 2000
• Developed 450MHz
ModCell for eastern block countries.
the RF filtering, PA’s LNA’s and Lightning Strike
• Analyzed CDMA base stations
at cell sites for range and performance.
to BAE after 20 months when asked to accept a new
New Jersey Institute
Newark, New Jersey
of Science in Electrical Engineering
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Security Clearance:
• Nominated for Meritorious Performer
• Bronze Chairman’s Award winner for
Common Data Link Transceivers and Antenna assemblies
• Nominated for Chairman’s Award - 2010
• Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator
• President Sussex County Amateur Radio Club
• Member Sussex County and Vernon Township Office
of Emergency Management
• SKYWARN Coordinator
for Sussex County