This resume is protected by copyright
may not be reproduced in any form without
the expressed consent of the owner.
JOHN SANTILLO ©
4 Seeley Storm Drive (H) 973-764-3793
Glenwood, New Jersey 07418
Clearance: SECRET firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To utilize advanced RF Systems engineering skills to develop R&D solutions for
next generation communication systems for defense and private industries.
Experienced technical team leader
• Cost Account Manager for R&D efforts
communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and in collaborative
• Experienced in the development of RF/microwave systems that result in marketable
products for military and private applications
• Experienced in preparation of RFP and RFI
• Ability to coordinate activities of multiple technical disciplines to achieve
• Proven record of technical advancement in product development
Experienced using ATDI Warfare, Sat Master Pro+, MathCAD, NEC-2, HFTA and CDL propagation tools
• Knowledgeable in the integration of Falcon II, SINCGAR, EPLRS, SRW and WNW radios and waveforms
• Experienced in Quality, Reliability and Failure Analysis Techniques
Integrated Microwave Technologies
Engineering Manager, Systems Integrator -
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
July 2010 - Present
• Hired to manage new military,
aerospace and government product lines that transmit and receive standard and high definition
video, audio and GPS data using a COFDM waveform.
• Responsible for system architecture,
writing specifications, designing new system features, integration and testing of surveillance
systems for government entities.
• Write system architectures and technical proposals on the
behalf of sales based around IMT products and purchased subassemblies.
• RF Systems designer
for aircraft and ground based assemblies.
• Designed a new six-way diversity Tactical Antenna
and Pin-Diode Switch Matrix to the product inventory
• Propagation analysis, antenna
development and cascade system analysis
RF Systems Engineer – Member of
Electronics, Intelligence & Support – Wayne, New Jersey 1986 – 1999 and 2000 -
• Responsible for design, specification, integration and testing of RF system
electronics for multiple advanced mobile defense communication applications.
• RF Engineering
Manager for JLTV program. Responsible for antenna design and selection, placement and Cosite
Analysis. Engineered cosite filters to overcome channel interference.
• IPT lead for
R&D effort to develop new landing system antenna design for United States Army. Led to $21M award.
• Coordinated technical planning and team management for successful field demonstrations of
CDL product capabilities for military review.
• Designed WIN-T infrastructure and developed
product protocols for integration and performance testing.
• Responsible for planning, system
design, development and testing of “Comm-on-the-Move” satellite and UAV communication systems for
Tactical Data Links. Demonstrated successful links on both ship and airborne platforms.
leader for technical reviews for ASN-128, FCS, WIN-T and JLTV programs.
• Contributed technical
skills to all CDL programs, FCS, JLTV, WIN-T and a variety of terrestrial and SatCom
• Developed link budgets and prepared propagation analysis.
Chaired design reviews and presented findings back to corporate.
• Participated in technical
reviews and presentations with vendors and potential customers.
• Authored RF systems technical
responses for multiple RFP and RFI.
• Responsible for FCC license applications and renewals for
RF Hardware Engineer – Member of Technical Staff
Mt. Olive, New
1999 – 2000
• Developed 450MHz ModCell for eastern block countries.
Selected the RF filtering, PA’s LNA’s and Lightning Strike Protection features.
CDMA base stations at cell sites for range and performance.
• Returned to BAE after 20 months
when asked to accept a new position.
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Security Clearance: SECRET
• Nominated for Meritorious Performer - 2007
• Bronze Chairman’s Award winner for Common Data Link Transceivers and Antenna assemblies –
• Nominated for Chairman’s Award - 2010
• Extra Class Amateur Radio
• President Sussex County Amateur Radio Club
• Member Sussex County and Vernon
Township Office of Emergency Management
• SKYWARN Coordinator for Sussex County