Symmetricom (Nasdaq: SYMM), leads the world in the design and manufacture of precise time and
frequency products and services essential to communication, computation, transportation, space and
many electronic systems. Our products bring critical timing, frequency and synchronization
solutions to telecom, enterprise, and space, defense, and avionics networks in over 90 countries.
In addition to generating time, Symmetricom products distribute and apply time, enabling a
range of critical operations - from controlling or synchronizing the flow of voice, video, and
data throughout communication networks, to securing mobile communications in warzones or
facilitating complex navigation systems in space.
We are seeking an Embedded Software
(Firmware) Engineer with commercial product experience developing for low-power microprocessors
used in integrated control environments, using TI MSP430, or similar microcontrollers.
engineer will work closely with a research and development team of engineers, scientists and
production personnel to develop and support new and existing clock products. The highly dynamic
environment requires a motivated, responsible and flexible individual able to work independently.
• Collaborate with physicists to implement new ideas and algorithms
with hardware engineers to bring up new electronic designs
• Interface with cross product
software team to participate in systems design
• Develop C/C++ code for embedded devices
Support existing products through the production life-cycle
in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering with 0-3+ years work
experience or BS and 5+ years of exp.
• Demonstrated experience with software development in
C/C++ on embedded processors
• Familiarity with Object Oriented Design
understanding of low power operation embedded processors, such as TI MSP430 or similar product
• Experience implementing hardware interfaces to peripherals such as DDSs, DACs, and ADCs
• Methodical software life-cycle process background; revision management, test, validation and
• Algorithm implementation experience is required
• Strong written and verbal
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Experience with
VHDL,Verilog, FPGA design is a plus
• Skills with Labview, Python scripting, and automated
testing are a plus
• Familiarity with UML and Agile Development
• Knowledge and
understanding of automatic servo control systems
• Knowledge of precision test and measurement
Applicants must apply on line at:
This Job Code is #1193
No relocation....looking for New Englanders
Looking for Junior to Mid level engineers.