Symmetricom (Nasdaq: SYMM), leads the world in the design and manufacture of precise time and frequency products and services essential to communication, computation, transportation, space and many electronic systems. Our products bring critical timing, frequency and synchronization solutions to telecom, enterprise, and space, defense, and avionics networks in over 90 countries.
In addition to generating time, Symmetricom products distribute and apply time, enabling a range of critical operations - from controlling or synchronizing the flow of voice, video, and data throughout communication networks, to securing mobile communications in warzones or facilitating complex navigation systems in space.
We are seeking an Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer with commercial product experience developing for low-power microprocessors used in integrated control environments, using TI MSP430, or similar microcontrollers.
The engineer will work closely with a research and development team of engineers, scientists and production personnel to develop and support new and existing clock products. The highly dynamic environment requires a motivated, responsible and flexible individual able to work independently.
• Collaborate with physicists to implement new ideas and algorithms
• Work with hardware engineers to bring up new electronic designs
• Interface with cross product software team to participate in systems design
• Develop C/C++ code for embedded devices
• Support existing products through the production life-cycle
• MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering with 0-3+ years work experience or BS and 5+ years of exp.
• Demonstrated experience with software development in C/C++ on embedded processors
• Familiarity with Object Oriented Design
• Solid understanding of low power operation embedded processors, such as TI MSP430 or similar product (ARM)
• Experience implementing hardware interfaces to peripherals such as DDSs, DACs, and ADCs
• Methodical software life-cycle process background; revision management, test, validation and release
• Algorithm implementation experience is required
• Strong written and verbal skills
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Experience with VHDL,Verilog, FPGA design is a plus
• Skills with Labview, Python scripting, and automated testing are a plus
• Familiarity with UML and Agile Development
• Knowledge and understanding of automatic servo control systems
• Knowledge of precision test and measurement techniques
Applicants must apply on line at:http://www.symmetricom.com/company/careers/
This Job Code is #1193
No relocation....looking for New Englanders
No agency referrals.
Looking for Junior to Mid level engineers.