Homepage - RF Cafe
Webmaster: Kirt Blattenberger | KB3UON | Sitemap | ©1996-2014
Menu below is just a small sample of what is here!

Custom Search
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
•−•  ••−•    −•−•  •−  ••−•  •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<

Need very small UHF (800 MHz) NBFM receiver chip ? - RF Cafe Forums

Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.

Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.

Steve R
Post subject: Need very small UHF (800 MHz) NBFM receiver chip ? Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:14 am
I need a very small receiver chip for the following application:-

Frequency UHF (circa 800 MHz rx)
Modulation: Narrow band FM (1 Kbps, 3 kHz peak deviation)
Supply voltage: Any
Supply current: As low as possible (target < 10mA @ 3 - 5 Volts)
Type: Any of Single Conversion / Double conv / Direct conv etc
Rx sens: Better than -115dBm (12 dB sinad or 10-4 BER)
Other rx spec: Best poss blocking, image etc

Ideally it would have on chip PLL and on chip demodulation. There do seem to be a few chips around but those I have found require substantial power or are designed for wider band work.

Any suggestions ?

IR
Post subject: Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:34 am

Site Admin

Hello Steve,

You should try companies like XEMICS, MELEXIS they manufacture receivers/transceivers for ISM band and similar applications.

Good luck!

- IR

ck
Post subject: Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:26 pm
Most chips with a PLL are going to be for the 868 and/or 915 MHz ISM band. Is this what you are after?

I checked some of the info I keep, and couldn't find anything that met all your requirments. Most of the available devices are transceiver chips. Very few of the available devices can operate from less than 10 ma. Most require 15 to 28 mA for receive Additionally, very few of the available devices can do -115 dBm sensitivity. Most state sensitivity in the -100 to -110 range.

In addition to what Steve R suggested, try www.bluechip.no and www.integration.com . Additionally, Freescale at their recent technology conference presented information a MC33695 (?) -I don't think they have posted data sheets on the web yet.

arora_amit
Post subject: NBFM and WBFM rangesPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:47 am
HI,

Please tell me what are the maximum and minimum range that NBFM and WBFM support

Regards
Amit Arora

Posted  11/12/2012
A Disruptive Web Presence

Custom Search
Over 10,000 pages indexed! (none duped or pirated)

Read About RF Cafe
Webmaster: Kirt Blattenberger
    KB3UON

RF Cafe Software

RF Cascade Workbook
RF Cascade Workbook is a very extensive system cascaded component Excel workbook that includes the standard Gain, NF, IP2, IP3, Psat calculations, input & output VSWR, noise BW, min/max tolerance, DC power cauculations, graphing of all RF parameters, and has a graphical block diagram tool. An extensive User's Guide is also included. - Only $35.
RF system analysis including
frequency conversion & filters

RF & EE Symbols Word
RF Stencils for Visio

Product & Service Directory
Personally Selected Manufacturers
RF Cafe T-Shirts & Mugs

RF Cafe Software

Calculator Workbook
RF Workbench
Smith Chart™ for Visio
Smith Chart™ for Excel
Your RF Cafe Progenitor & Webmaster
Click here to read about RF CafeKirt Blattenberger... single-handedly redefining what an
                                 engineering website should be.

View the YouTube RF Cafe Intro Video Carpe Diem! (Seize the Day!)

5CCG (5th MOB): My USAF radar shop

Airplanes and Rockets: My personal hobby website

Equine Kingdom: My daughter Sally's horse riding website