Evaluation board ADF4360-7 - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

ttse7

Post subject: Evaluation board ADF4360-7 Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:12 am

Hi all,

I intend to use Evaluation board ADF4360-7(from ANALOG) as a LO for a RF system. Does anyone has experience of using this board? Is it difficult to use?

Post subject: Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 pm

ya its easy to use. Need to pick the external inductor value in order to set the centre frequency. Their software (Simpll i think its called??) helps you to do this.

ttse7

Post subject: Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Can I use only the bundled software to set the center frequency. I don't want to re-solder another inductor on it. Guest, it is only one way to assign the center freqency.

Post subject: Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:45 am

you're a very lazy man!

it comes with inductors already soldered for a particular centre frequency. if you want another frequency you need to replace the inductors.

ttse7

Post subject: Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Guest,

you are right, i am lazy man. Besides that, this project is funded by school and I should choose every component carefully. In addition to this, my experience in RF is not enough. Thus, I need to make clean everything before we actually buy.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Posted  11/12/2012