•−•  ••−•    −•−•  •−  ••−•  •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<

Job Board

About RF Cafe™

Sitemap

800Mhz - RF Cafe Forums

Because of the high maintenance needed to monitor and filter spammers from the RF Cafe Forums, I decided that it would be best to just archive the pages to make all the good information posted in the past available for review. It is unfortunate that the scumbags of the world ruin an otherwise useful venue for people wanting to exchanged useful ideas and views. It seems that the more formal social media like Facebook pretty much dominate this kind of venue anymore anyway, so if you would like to post something on RF Cafe's Facebook page, please do.

Below are all of the forum threads, including all the responses to the original posts.

tytse
Post subject: 800Mhz Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 pm
Hi all,

I am a beginner in RF. I need to build a 880MHz upconverter - downconverter pair. I have serached and found MMIC on mixer and a suggested PCB is given in the datasheet. Is it easy to make it or I should buy a module instead of component. Please give me your advice.

tytse

Post subject: Hittite Mixers and Eval BrdsPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:22 am
Hittie has many mixers that cost ~$1.00. They also offer evaluation boards, which they will either give or sell to you. The evaluation boards have the connectors, DC pins and are ready to use. Modules typically are much more expensive.

tytse
Post subject: Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:49 pm
Guest,

Thanks for your advice. Because this project is funded by university. Money is not a big problem. I need to build FM system for testing. Any expert can guide me how to find the sources?

Post subject: Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:35 am
Because you are from a university, Hittite may give you the samples boards for free. I would check out their website, and then contact their sales department. Their support is excellent, unlike other companies, they will actually speak with you and truly try and solve your problems.

Posted  11/12/2012
Custom Search
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.

Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster

Click here to read about RF CafeKirt Blattenberger... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.

View the YouTube RF Cafe Intro Video Carpe Diem!
(Seize the Day!)

5th MOB: My USAF radar shop

Airplanes and Rockets: My personal hobby website

Equine Kingdom: My daughter Sally's horse riding website