800Mhz - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

tytse

Post subject: 800Mhz Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi all,

I am a beginner in RF. I need to build a 880MHz upconverter - downconverter pair. I have serached and found MMIC on mixer and a suggested PCB is given in the datasheet. Is it easy to make it or I should buy a module instead of component. Please give me your advice.

tytse

Post subject: Hittite Mixers and Eval BrdsPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:22 am

Hittie has many mixers that cost ~$1.00. They also offer evaluation boards, which they will either give or sell to you. The evaluation boards have the connectors, DC pins and are ready to use. Modules typically are much more expensive.

tytse

Post subject: Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:49 pm

Guest,

Thanks for your advice. Because this project is funded by university. Money is not a big problem. I need to build FM system for testing. Any expert can guide me how to find the sources?

Post subject: Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:35 am

Because you are from a university, Hittite may give you the samples boards for free. I would check out their website, and then contact their sales department. Their support is excellent, unlike other companies, they will actually speak with you and truly try and solve your problems.

Posted  11/12/2012