wide band vhf(144-174mhz) LOW PROFILE MOBILE ANTENNA - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

davebehee
 Post subject: wide band vhf(144-174mhz) LOW PROFILE MOBILE ANTENNA
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 pm 

Lieutenant

Wide band vhf(144-174mhz) low profile mobile antennas are hard to find. After exploring the web for the above device, I designed, built and fully tested a prototype. SPECS: 1:1.5 vswr@ a BW of 16mhz or greater, 2:1vswr @ a bw of 20mhz or better(ground plane should be at least 3/4wave dia or better). gain equal to a 1/4wave whip, can handle unlimited power, has no delicate tuning caps or coils, mounts on 3/4 inch Motorola mount, height 4 inches, installer easy, so easy even a caveman could do it.

I built and tested my first low-profile antenna back in 1966, and have been in the two-way radio industry since 1971. Have built models form 7-800mhz. This device is for sale...............dave behee

DAVE BEHEE davebehee@msn.com

Posted  11/12/2012