RF Cascade Workbook 2004 v1.00
System Requirements: Windows
98, Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
** ORDER **
User's Guide by E-Mail (online
RF Cascade Workbook 2004 (RFCW2004) is the result of requests from some users for a user interface that is more
program-like, and that is more presentation-ready. By incorporating a graphical block diagram and adding some VBA
automation, RFCW2004 strikes a reasonable balance between effort invested in creature comforts and basic
functionality. Here are a few of the new features in RFCW2004:
- I e-mailed RFCW2004 free-of-charge to everyone who purchased RFCW2003 between
December 1, 2003 and February 6, 2004.
- Upgrades from any other time period are available for only $20.
- RF Cascade
Workbook 2002 and
RF Cascade Workbook 2003 may still be purchased if the previous format is preferred,
but the free upgrade to RFCW2004 DOES NOT apply.
- Please see RF Cascade Workbook 2005
page before ordering (you might want it instead).
Macros DO NOT work in Office 365
version of Excel; therefore, RF Cascade Workbook DOES NOT work in Office 365.
All of the formulas used
in RF Cascade Workbook 2004 are presented in the
User's Guide to assist in understanding the operation of the spreadsheet. Most calculations are implemented in
VBA code, which makes customization more convenient and keeps clutter out of the cells. This is especially helpful
in the case of conditional formulas. Additionally, input cells are checked for valid numerical ranges or text
values. Expansion of the workbook to include custom calculations is a simple matter. Excel has a very extensive
Help section for VBA code writing built-in.
- A single chart with menu-selectable plots
- Scales on both left and right axes
- Use of error bars for min/max values on plots rather than separate traces
- Graphical block diagram with menu selectable component icons
- IMD2 and ΔIMD2 values to accommodate direct conversion calculations
- DC power supply calculations on same page as cascade calculations
- Three versions of RFCW204 included with various numbers of components pre configured (6, 12, 18)
- All component parameter and calculated cascaded values are referenced to the component OUTPUT
- User's Guide covering all aspects of the workbook, including formulas and instructions for modifying the VBA
- RF Cascade Analysis
Note: The file is saved in a format that accommodates back
through Excel 95. If you are using Excel version 2002 or newer, re-saving the file in the newer format will reduce
the file to about half its current size.
User's Manual Cover Entire Worksheet