Please go to the
Wireless System Designer™
webpage for features and purchasing information.
2003 or newer.
RF Cascade Workbook 2004 (RFCW2004) is the result of requests from some users for a user
interface that is more program-like, and that is more presentation-ready. By incorporating
a graphical block diagram and adding some VBA automation, RFCW2004 strikes a reasonable
balance between effort invested in creature comforts and basic functionality. Here are
a few of the new features in RFCW2004:
All of the formulas used in RF Cascade Workbook 2004 are presented in the
User's Guide to assist
in understanding the operation of the spreadsheet. Most calculations are implemented in
VBA code, which makes customization more convenient and keeps clutter out of the cells.
This is especially helpful in the case of conditional formulas. Additionally, input cells
are checked for valid numerical ranges or text values. Expansion of the workbook to include
custom calculations is a simple matter. Excel has a very extensive Help section for VBA
code writing built-in.
- A single chart with menu-selectable plots
- Scales on both left and right axes
- Use of error bars for min/max values on plots rather than separate traces
- Graphical block diagram with menu selectable component icons
- IMD2 and ΔIMD2 values to accommodate direct conversion calculations
- DC power supply calculations on same page as cascade calculations
- Three versions of RFCW204 included with various numbers of components pre configured
(6, 12, 18)
- All component parameter and calculated cascaded values are referenced to the component
- User's Guide covering all aspects of the workbook, including formulas and instructions
for modifying the VBA code
- RF Cascade Analysis
Note: The file is saved in a format that accommodates back
through Excel 95. If you are using Excel version 2002 or newer, re-saving the file in
the newer format will reduce the file to about half its current size.