RF Cascade Workbook 2003 v1.10
Windows 98, Microsoft
Excel 2000 or later.
NOTICE: RF Cascade Workbook 2005 replaces the 2003 version and adds a lot of functionality.
Therefore, RF Cascade Workbook 2003 will no longer be offered for sale. All of the original information is
retained here for reference.
here to go to the
RF Cascade Workbook 2005 webpage.
RF Cascade Workbook 2003 incorporates many features requested by users over the last year. While
automated program features and multi page displays are useful, it seems most users would rather have the
convenience and ease of all input and output cells being on a single worksheet, and have most of the formulas in a
VBA routine to maintain uncluttered cells and simple manipulation. Another concern is the rather large size of the
basic workbook, since every system saved creates a file the size of the entire workbook.
Click for full-size view
Here is brief list of changes for RF Cascade Workbook 2003:
- All input/output cells located on a single worksheet (makes inserting/deleting rows simpler)
- Removed pop-up calculators since they just make the workbook larger
- Put the vast majority of cell formulas in VBA code for easy manipulation
- Added the ability to specify individual device IP2 and IP3 as input or output referenced
- Provided a User’s Guide, and eliminated the online help for a smaller workbook file size
- Put device tolerance and Min/Max cells next to Nominal parameters
Modified formulas to reflect gain min/max values in addition to device min/max variations
- Added a minimum system SNR value for use in calculating dynamic range
- Employed Excel’s outline feature to easily show/hide Min/Max values
- Reduced the number of default graphs (smaller workbook file size)
- Reduced the overall file size to under 200 kBytes
- Added AC/DC power budget worksheet
All of the formulas used in RF Cascade Workbook 2003 are presented in the illustrated
User's Guide to assist
in understanding the operation of the spreadsheet. Most calculations are implemented in VBA code, which makes
customization more convenient and keeps clutter out of the cells. This is especially helpful in the case of
conditional formulas. Expansion of the workbook to include custom calculations is a simple matter.